Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)
Author Message
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

Write a program which reads a character from the keyboard one at a time and
displays value information in a variety of formats. The program should
continue the process of reading and displaying information until the escape
key is pressed

Output: Prompts for the character input and display the results on a single
        line
 Example:

       Press a key ( ESC to quit )
       ASCII: A Hexadecimal:41 Decimal :65

2) Write a program that produces the following outputs using the FOR, WHILE
and do-while constructs

For loop:   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
While loop: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

In regards to my previous post to the solution of the first problem, I
thought, this does not seem like a normal industry-type problem, no?
If this was for some assignment, which it now looks like, I'm sorry
for posting the answer

:

--
Collin VanDyck                    | So maybe I could be a fly
CS Major, Georgia Tech            | and feed arachnid as I die

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

Quote:
>Write a program which reads a character from the keyboard one at a time and
>displays value information in a variety of formats. The program should
>continue the process of reading and displaying information until the escape
>key is pressed

Why?

Quote:
>Output: Prompts for the character input and display the results on a single
>        line
> Example:

>       Press a key ( ESC to quit )
>       ASCII: A Hexadecimal:41 Decimal :65

>2) Write a program that produces the following outputs using the FOR, WHILE
>and do-while constructs

>For loop:   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
>While loop: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

It isn't the general policy of this newsgroup to do people's homework for
them. If you want help with something show us what you have dome so far
and people will no doubt make suggestions.

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

No offence, but if you can't figure out such an easy programming problem,
you have no business programming. Drop the course.

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

Quote:

>No offence, but if you can't figure out such an easy programming problem,
>you have no business programming. Drop the course.

No offence, but didn't you also start from ground zero? A rude answer
offers no help.
Cameron Foster

http://www2.netcom.com/~cdfoster/

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

Quote:

> No offence, but if you can't figure out such an easy programming problem,
> you have no business programming. Drop the course.

Hi Schman,

You seem to hold a very GRUMPY attitude towards newbies. Please try
to understand that learning something new *always* results in being
baffled by problems that look soooo simple to the more experienced.
This newsgroup should try to help beginners, not flame them for
being inexperienced.

Stephan

Sun, 09 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on this programming problem ( PLEASE HELP!!!)

Quote:
> Write a program which reads a character from the keyboard one at a time and
> displays value information in a variety of formats. The program should
> continue the process of reading and displaying information until the escape
> key is pressed

> Output: Prompts for the character input and display the results on a single
>         line
>  Example:

>        Press a key ( ESC to quit )
>        ASCII: A Hexadecimal:41 Decimal :65

This is obviously a homework assignment. How about posting some
semi-working code and then people will be willing to help you out.

Unfortunately, for this code you will need to use the unportable getch()
function in <conio.h>. (Since you don't want to have them press the key
and then press enter) getch() returns an int representing the character
pressed.

In terms of printing it out, check out the format specifiers for printf in
your on-line documentation. %d prints a decimal digit, %c prints out the
ascii value, and look up what hexidecimal is.

Quote:

> 2) Write a program that produces the following outputs using the FOR, WHILE
> and do-while constructs

> For loop:   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> While loop: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

This is actually very trivial. Try posting your efforts. Better yet, look
in any C book for a for loop and you'll see how the first is done. Then,
you have to simulate the for with a while loop, which requires just a
little thought.

Good luck on the programs.

Josh Waxman

Quote:

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

2. NEED HELP WITH PRITING AN ARRAY, PLEASE PLEASE HELP

4. help: Guru needed please please please

5. I need some help with this program, please!!!!!!!!!!

6. I need some help with this program, please!!!!

7. Need Help Converting Small Borland Program Please!

8. Help C newbie need help please

9. Help C newbie need help please

10. I really need some help with C graphics PLEASE HELP

11. I need desperate help!! please help

12. Need help, please neeed Compileing Help