HELP:Detecting memory leaks
Author Message
 HELP:Detecting memory leaks

Quote:

> Hi, are there any free software/libraries for solaris for detecting
> memory leaks in my C programs? I've heard that mprof is very good, but
> I can't get it to compile in solaris...mprof can't find a.out.h and stab.h
> (what are these anyway?). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

There is some code by Walter Bright at <www.snippets.org> for detecting memory
leaks. It may be something you can use.

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:Detecting memory leaks

Hi, are there any free software/libraries for solaris for detecting
memory leaks in my C programs? I've heard that mprof is very good, but
I can't get it to compile in solaris...mprof can't find a.out.h and stab.h
(what are these anyway?). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:Detecting memory leaks

Quote:

> Hi, are there any free software/libraries for solaris for detecting
> memory leaks in my C programs? I've heard that mprof is very good, but
> I can't get it to compile in solaris...mprof can't find a.out.h and stab.h
> (what are these anyway?). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Try Ben Zorn web site, it has a collection of memory management tools.
Most of them are not free.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~zorn/MallocDebug.html

Good luck,

adisorn.

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:Detecting memory leaks

Quote:

> Hi, are there any free software/libraries for solaris for detecting
> memory leaks in my C programs? I've heard that mprof is very good, but
> I can't get it to compile in solaris...mprof can't find a.out.h and stab.h
> (what are these anyway?). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

There is some advice in the comp.lang.c FAQ:
  18.2:   How can I track down these pesky malloc problems?

Stephan

Fri, 12 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP:Detecting memory leaks

Quote:

> > Hi, are there any free software/libraries for solaris for detecting
> > memory leaks in my C programs? I've heard that mprof is very good, but
> > I can't get it to compile in solaris...mprof can't find a.out.h and stab.h
> > (what are these anyway?). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

> There is some advice in the comp.lang.c FAQ:
>   18.2:   How can I track down these pesky malloc problems?

Whoops, I forgot to tell you where the FAQ can be obtained, sorry.

You can get the FAQ at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html or
at ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.c/C-FAQ-list and it gets
posted to this newsgroup and to news.answers regularly (at the
beginning of each month).

Stephan

Fri, 12 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PLEASE HELP! Memory leak detected

2. detecting memory leaks in vc7

3. Detecting memory leaks

4. How to detect memory leak in Linux?

5. Detecting memory leaks

6. How to detect memory leaks in an ATL COM server with MFC

7. How to detect Memory Leaks ?

8. Detecting Memory Leaks efficiently

9. Detecting a memory leak in a component

10. How to detect memory leaks in ATL

11. Detecting memory leaks in ATL/WTL application

12. Detecting memory leaks in ATL...