Reading in Fox Tables
Author Message
 Reading in Fox Tables

Does anyone know of any code to allow a C or C++ program to read in Visual Fox
tables. Thanks

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading in Fox Tables

Quote:

> Does anyone know of any code to allow a C or C++ program to read in Visual Fox
> tables. Thanks

Hi Uxblog1,

We do not (officially) know about C++ here in comp.lang.c, but the
solution to your problem highly depends on your special understanding
of "read in". To simply read a binary file in C you can use the
functions "fopen()", "fread()" and "fclose()". But I suspect that
you are thinking of more than that, but I am guessing, because you
did not say so explicitely.

Anyway: if I assume that thsoe tables are binary files in a special
format, what you need is a description of that format. Please take a
look at the Wotsit file format collection:
   http://www.wotsit.org

Stephan

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to use dBASE IV (Fox Pro) tables ?

2. HP Deskjet printing from Clipper/Fox - Dos

3. Accessing Fox files

4. Error building FLL (dll for Fox Pro)

5. how to read the partition table

6. AddNew, Read-Only error, 2 Tables

7. a simple sample to read or write in a table

8. Linking external tables and read permissions

9. Must temp tables be read-only?

10. ODBC - Reading Multiple tables

11. Error when reading table with memo fields

12. AddNew,Read-Only error,2 Table