C source code for "printf"
Author Message
 C source code for "printf"

   I am looking for C source code of the printf or sprintf function.
   Any help would be appreciated.

See ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/glibc-2.0.6.tar.gz for this and lots
more besides.

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C source code for "printf"

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for C source code of the printf or sprintf function.
> Any help would be appreciated.

It's nothing to looking all is written in manual
printf () print to your std output stream
sprintf() print to string , be sure that size of this string is enough
to keep your result
ex:
int d =8;
float f = 2.584732;
char str[]="Test String";

printf("%d",d);printf("%06.3f",f);
printf("%s",str);

Rodger.

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C source code for "printf"

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am looking for C source code of the printf or sprintf function.
> Any help would be appreciated.

It's nothing to looking all is written in manual
printf () print to your std output stream
sprintf() print to string , be sure that size of this string is enough
to keep your result
ex:
int d =8;
float f = 2.584732;
char str[]="Test String";

printf("%d",d);printf("%06.3f",f);
printf("%s",str);

Rodger.

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C source code for "printf"

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I am looking for C source code of the printf or sprintf function.
> > Any help would be appreciated.

> It's nothing to looking all is written in manual
> printf () print to your std output stream
> sprintf() print to string , be sure that size of this string is enough
> to keep your result
> ex:

<snip example of using printf()>

Exactly how did that help him find the source code?

--

I believe we can change anything.
I believe in my dream.

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C source code for "printf"

Quote:
>I am looking for C source code of the printf or sprintf function.
>Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 has the entire standard library source code on the
distribution CD.

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C source code for "printf"

Quote:

> >I am looking for C source code of the printf or sprintf function.
> >Any help would be appreciated.

> Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 has the entire standard library source code on the
> distribution CD.

So does Borland, FYI.

I.

Toronto, Canada    http://www3.sympatico.ca/ian.hay/
- Spam and HTML mail are emphatically not welcome. -

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C source code for "printf"

Hi,
 Get "The Standard C Library" by P.J. Plauger. It has source for an
implementation of the entire standard C library, plus explanations
for the code and test programs to check the library functions.

Ken

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. source code for "sh"

2. source code for Unix "split" command

3. ISO OF "C" SOURCE CODE FORMATTER

4. source code in "Algorithms in C"

5. Source code for unix "Cut" utility

6. source code for "C beautifier"

7. "SE Using MFC" source code

8. printf("%d",1.0/3*3)

9. printf("/033E")

10. printf("%g") to 3 sig figs

11. "implicit declaration of function printf"

12. Behaviour of printf("[%.0g]",1.0)