Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler
Author Message
 Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler

 oc> Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
 Check out for the following on your local BBS:
    Micro C
    Personal C
    DJCC (freeware)

 oc> If not, what is a good commercial product to buy?
 Power C from Mix Software gets consistently good reviews here.  I haven't
 used it though, I learnt (actually _still_ learning) on Turbo C.

 Trevor D'Arcy-Evans

... Reality is only an approximation to theory.

Sun, 28 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler
:  oc> Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
:  Check out for the following on your local BBS:
:     Micro C
:     Personal C

NOPE. Those two are NOT really ANSI C. Too damn quirky for
portable code (too a newer-than-me-bie that's geekspeak
for "making in DOS but running in Unix").

:     DJCC (freeware)

Here they call it DJGPP. If you can get files from SimTel
they've got a whole directory for that stuff. (I got it.)

:  oc> If not, what is a good commercial product to buy?
:  Power C from Mix Software gets consistently good reviews here.  I haven't
:  used it though, I learnt (actually _still_ learning) on Turbo C.

Why *buy* a DOS thing when MicroShit is phasing it out?
Learn on DOS (since you seem to have it) & then try linux
(which is MY plan).

My next step: my own internet company!

:  Trevor D'Arcy-Evans

: ... Reality is only an approximation to theory.
                  /\
               And a piss-poor one at that!

                            Newbie David

Thu, 02 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler

Quote:

> oc> Are there any shareware ANSI compatible C compilers for DOS machines?
> Check out for the following on your local BBS:
>    Micro C
>    Personal C

Where are these on the Internet?

Quote:
>    DJCC (freeware)

Personally, I find djgcc's directory/files on several ftp sites a bit
confusing. I've read thru a FAQ on it, and I'm still wondering where I
should start at.

--
Teng Yan, Loke aka Cow      | Electronic & Computer Engineering

http://www-bprc.mps.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/hpp?yan_page.html | Quake!

Wed, 08 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler

2. Shareware ANSI compatible C compiler

3. ANSI C shareware compilers

4. Shareware ANSI C compiler?

5. Shareware ANSI C Compilers

6. WANTED: PD/Shareware ANSI Compiler for IBM

7. Looking for An ANSI C99 Compatible Checker

8. ANSI C compatible problem

9. ANSI, Unicode compatible text manipulation lib

10. ANSI compatible directory/file retrieval functions

11. ANSI-compatible function declarations with args

12. MS C 8.0 not ANSI C compatible....