Getting the cursor back?!?!? (in text mode)
Author Message
 Getting the cursor back?!?!? (in text mode)

Hi everyone,
            i'm using a fonction in c with pokeb(); to display char directly
to the video card. Here is the function:

void putxy(short x, short y, short fore, short back, char ch) {

   pokeb(TEXT,offset(x,y),ch);                   //Displays the char
   pokeb(TEXT,offset(x,y)+1,fore + (back << 4)); //Changes the color.

Quote:
}//End of putxy.

The problem that i am encountering is that the cursor stays the same color as
the "back" color in the function. Is there a way in assembly to get the
cursor back and in the default color please????

I've tried the _setcursortype(_NORMALCURSOR); but it won't work.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanx in advance.

From a C/C++ lover, Luc B.

Sun, 11 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the cursor back?!?!? (in text mode)

Quote:

>Hi everyone,
>            i'm using a fonction in c with pokeb(); to display char directly
>to the video card. Here is the function:

>void putxy(short x, short y, short fore, short back, char ch) {

>   pokeb(TEXT,offset(x,y),ch);                   //Displays the char
>   pokeb(TEXT,offset(x,y)+1,fore + (back << 4)); //Changes the color.
>}//End of putxy.

The *only* comment delimiters that C supports are /* and */

Quote:
>The problem that i am encountering is that the cursor stays the same color as
>the "back" color in the function. Is there a way in assembly to get the
>cursor back and in the default color please????

>I've tried the _setcursortype(_NORMALCURSOR); but it won't work.

The C language has no support for screens, video cards, colours, pokeb(),
or _setcursortype(). You are presumably referring to extensions provided
by your particular platform/compiler. These are best discussed in a
platform/compiler specific newsgroup, for example for DOS try
comp.os.msdos.programmer.

Sun, 11 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SetCursor() cursor keeps switching back to window class cursor

2. Getting cursor position and text from OE compose window (Internet Explorer_Server)

3. Text mode or binary mode ?

4. Print a text file in text mode to the printer

5. Relabeling the Final/Next/Back buttons in Wizard mode on CPropertySheet

6. How can I move back from MM_ANISOTROPIC mode to default setting MM_TEXT:-( please help

7. Owner draw button in replacement of the next/back button in a CPropertySheet in Wizard mode

8. getting all the text in open text documents

9. problem:Getting window's text from other process-difference between text and title

10. Cursor in DOS mode

11. Changing the mouse cursor in graphics mode

12. Newbie Question => moving cursor in dos-mode