Hardware accessing
Author Message
 Hardware accessing

Hi,

can anyone point me to a complete and understanable
reference on how to use the outb() / inb() functions?
The outb(2)/outb(9) page is not very verbose.

- Jan Engelhardt

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:15:08 GMT
 Hardware accessing

Quote:
> Hi,
> can anyone point me to a complete and understanable
> reference on how to use the outb() / inb() functions?
> The outb(2)/outb(9) page is not very verbose.

Not here. You may want to ask on comp.unix.programmer.

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:19:49 GMT
 Hardware accessing

Quote:
> can anyone point me to a complete and understanable
> reference on how to use the outb() / inb() functions?
> The outb(2)/outb(9) page is not very verbose.

These functions are not part of the C standard. Please repost to a newsgroup
dedicated to your platform.

--
-ed- emdel at noos.fr ~]=[o
C-library: http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:07:08 GMT
 Hardware accessing

<snip>
These functions are not part of the C standard. Please repost to a newsgroup
dedicated to your platform.

man you guys never get tired of saying that!  It makes fun reading though,
trying to guess when it is coming!

David

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 01:24:18 GMT
 Hardware accessing

Quote:
> These functions are not part of the C standard. Please repost to a
> newsgroup dedicated to your platform.

> man you guys never get tired of saying that!

What do you think? Maintaining the topicality of a newsgroup is necessary.
What is your point?

Quote:
>  It makes fun reading
> though, trying to guess when it is coming!

Please, feel free to be the next one...

--
-ed- emdel at noos.fr ~]=[o
C-library: http://www.dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx
"Mal nommer les choses c'est ajouter du malheur au monde."
-- Albert Camus.

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:03:05 GMT
 Hardware accessing

Quote:

> <snip>
> These functions are not part of the C standard. Please repost to a newsgroup
> dedicated to your platform.
> man you guys never get tired of saying that!  It makes fun reading though,
> trying to guess when it is coming!

So? Whether we say or don't say it doesn't change the fact that it is
true. As amazing as it may sound, hardware accessing is *NOT* a feature
of the C programming language, or pretty much any other programming
language at that. If you told people the sky was green, would you then
tell them they never get tired of saying the sky is blue?

"The truth is out there, man! Way out there!"
   - Professor Ashfield

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:06:39 GMT

1. Intercept hardware access

2. Hardware-Access + Interrupt-Handling in Win32

3. port hardware access

4. Hardware Access and ISR'S.......Help

5. Hardware Access

6. Direct hardware access under NT

7. Direct Hardware access

8. Accessing Hardware Port

9. Accessing Hardware!!!

10. Accessing the hardware

11. access to hardware.

12. Fast access to memory mapped hardware