16 bit C dll to 32 bit C dll
Author Message
 16 bit C dll to 32 bit C dll

does anyone know how to convert a 16 bit dll written in MSVC 1.51 to a 32 bit
dll in MSVC 4.0. I changed the export function declaration from double FAR
Pascal _export {funcname} to __declspec(dllexport ) double {funcname}, got rid
of the definition file. The dll compiles fine, but when i call it from Excel
VBA, an error occurs "bad dll calling convention" although it was the exact
same calling convention for 16 bit and it calls win32 api's just fine

thank you

jason new

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16 bit C dll to 32 bit C dll
Please post this message in an appropriate newsgroup, one of
microsoft.public.vc.*

--

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

Quote:

>does anyone know how to convert a 16 bit dll written in MSVC 1.51 to a 32
bit
>dll in MSVC 4.0. I changed the export function declaration from double FAR
>PASCAL _export {funcname} to __declspec(dllexport ) double {funcname}, got
rid
>of the definition file. The dll compiles fine, but when i call it from
Excel
>VBA, an error occurs "bad dll calling convention" although it was the exact
>same calling convention for 16 bit and it calls win32 api's just fine

>thank you

>jason new

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 16 bit C dll to 32 bit C dll
Paul Lutus schrieb:

Quote:

> Please post this message in an appropriate newsgroup, one of
> microsoft.public.vc.*

Or take a look at the many Windows programming newsgroups out there. Here
are two popular examples:

Stephan
(-: A brandnew excellent FAQ version has been released !!! :-)
(-: Get it: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/versions.html :-)

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. Can you call a 32-bit dll from a 16-bit dll

3. 32-Bit dll call 16-bit dll

4. 32-bit DLL call a 16-bit DLL

6. os2 16-bit application with 32-bit dll

7. problem in 16 bit program calling 32 bit DLL

8. Is there any way to use 16-bit DLL in a 32-bit app?(VC++ 6.0)

9. Calling a 16-bit system DLL from my 32-bit exe

10. Is there any way to use 16-bit DLL in a 32-bit app?(VC++ 6.0)

11. Accessing 16 bit-DLL from 32 bit Code

12. 32 bit and 16 bit dlls