extremely large datatypes (10^31 and greater)
Author Message
 extremely large datatypes (10^31 and greater)

I want to perform calculations on an extremely large integer (10^31 and
greater).  I have to be able to convert it to a float type also.  How
would I do this?

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:26:37 GMT
 extremely large datatypes (10^31 and greater)

Quote:

> I want to perform calculations on an extremely large integer (10^31 and
> greater).  I have to be able to convert it to a float type also.  How
> would I do this?

If approximate values are okay, use double or long double.
Otherwise, you'll have to use an arbitrary-precision arithmetic
library:

18.15d: I need code for performing multiple precision arithmetic.

A:      Some popular packages are the "quad" functions within the BSD
        Unix libc sources (ftp.uu.net, /systems/unix/bsd-sources/..../
        /src/lib/libc/quad/*), the GNU MP library, the MIRACL package
        (see http://indigo.ie/~mscott/ ), and the old Unix libmp.a.
        See also questions 14.12 and 18.16.

        pp. 343-454.

--Brian Kernighan

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:29:49 GMT
 extremely large datatypes (10^31 and greater)

Quote:

> > I want to perform calculations on an extremely large integer (10^31 and
> > greater).  I have to be able to convert it to a float type also.  How
> > would I do this?

> If approximate values are okay, use double or long double.
> Otherwise, you'll have to use an arbitrary-precision arithmetic
> library:

> 18.15d:   I need code for performing multiple precision arithmetic.

> A:  Some popular packages are the "quad" functions within the BSD
>  Unix libc sources (ftp.uu.net, /systems/unix/bsd-sources/..../
>  /src/lib/libc/quad/*), the GNU MP library, the MIRACL package
>  (see http://indigo.ie/~mscott/ ), and the old Unix libmp.a.
>  See also questions 14.12 and 18.16.

>  pp. 343-454.

Yea, I need precision.  What I want to do is write a function that
takes a number (about 10^31) and determines whether another number goes
evenly into it.
-----

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:01:24 GMT
 extremely large datatypes (10^31 and greater)

Quote:

> > > I want to perform calculations on an extremely large integer
> > > (10^31 and greater).  I have to be able to convert it to a
> > > float type also.  How would I do this?

> > If approximate values are okay, use double or long double.
> > Otherwise, you'll have to use an arbitrary-precision
> > arithmetic library:

> > 18.15d:   I need code for performing multiple precision arithmetic.

> > A:  Some popular packages are the "quad" functions within the BSD
> >  Unix libc sources (ftp.uu.net, /systems/unix/bsd-sources/..../
> >  /src/lib/libc/quad/*), the GNU MP library, the MIRACL package
> >  (see http://indigo.ie/~mscott/ ), and the old Unix libmp.a.
> >  See also questions 14.12 and 18.16.

> >  pp. 343-454.

> Yea, I need precision.  What I want to do is write a function that
> takes a number (about 10^31) and determines whether another number
> goes evenly into it.

If you are trying to determine whether something is prime, you
will get much better responses by saying so than by determining
the method yourself.  In fact, googling recent offerings for
'prime' would probably work quite well.

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:05:47 GMT
 extremely large datatypes (10^31 and greater)
hi, I'm just a student ...
but some time ago i had a simile homework...
I had to calculate the fib(1'000'000) and to do that i made an array of int
and if the value passed the{*filter*}case limit, you substract it and you put
the rest in the second case... and so...

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:41:07 GMT

1. unsigned long greater than 2**31?

2. my file size is strangley extremely large....

3. Extremely large double precision...?

4. bincancel:10 large binaries:AR1181:@@NCM

5. bincancel:10 large binaries:AR361:@@NCM

6. Extremely short -extremely complicated

7. Microsoft Press, Visual C# Step by Step Chapter 31 Data Access

8. IOCCC Reminder! Final date: Jan 31, 1999

9. PMODE/W v1.31 Released

10. (Q) File lock check (bc++31)

11. Simple BC+31 program - help needed

12. Set bit 31 on