Serial Communications under Windows 2000 using C ?
Author Message
 Serial Communications under Windows 2000 using C ?

Hello all,

        Does anyone by chance know of a GOOD book, or GOOD tutorial on
serial communications using C in windows (for things like serial
modems for example) ?

Also, if anyone knows how to "lock" a com port open without having to
read/write data to/from it within x amount of time before it 'times
out ?' and closes on it's own please tell.

I'm needing to open a com port (Com1 in this example), lock it in an
open state, and then open another com port (Com2) to work in. (GPS
module does not receive power until the modem is powered (com open)

I hope that made sense.

Hoppur.

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:53:35 GMT
 Serial Communications under Windows 2000 using C ?

Quote:
> Hello all,
>    Does anyone by chance know of a GOOD book, or GOOD tutorial on
> serial communications using C in windows (for things like serial
> modems for example) ?

I don't, but I have a comment on this next part...

Quote:
> Also, if anyone knows how to "lock" a com port open without having to
> read/write data to/from it within x amount of time before it 'times
> out ?' and closes on it's own please tell.
> I'm needing to open a com port (Com1 in this example), lock it in an
> open state, and then open another com port (Com2) to work in. (GPS
> module does not receive power until the modem is powered (com open)
> I hope that made sense.

ISO standard C does not define any way to access com ports. Because of
this, your question (other than the book part) is off-topic for
comp.lang.c.

"It sure is cool having money and chicks."
   - Beavis and Butt-head

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:19:53 GMT

1. serial communication problem in win 2000

2. problem with communication down windows 2000 server

3. problem with communication down windows 2000 server

4. windows 2000 pro or windows 2000 server?

5. DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000

6. Windows 2000 and previous project using DAO???

7. Problem using OutputDebugString under Windows 2000 in a service

8. Source File destroyed on Windows 2000 using VC 6.0

9. Using windows 2000 beta for development

10. Windows 2000 problem using DrawState

11. how to send mail using CDO for Windows 2000

12. Serial communication using C