DS==SS vs DS!=SS in a DLL
Author Message
 DS==SS vs DS!=SS in a DLL

I created a DLL which requires DS!=SS.  I am trying to link in a
static library which was compiled with DS==SS.  I do not have the
source code for that library.  Any suggestions as to how this can be
handled?

Thanks.

Neil Weicher

---------------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DS==SS vs DS!=SS in a DLL

Quote:

>I created a DLL which requires DS!=SS.  I am trying to link in a
>static library which was compiled with DS==SS.  I do not have the
>source code for that library.  Any suggestions as to how this can be
>handled?

Outside of this newsgroup, I should hope.

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DS==SS vs DS!=SS in a DLL

Quote:

> I created a DLL which requires DS!=SS.  I am trying to link in a
> static library which was compiled with DS==SS.  I do not have the
> source code for that library.  Any suggestions as to how this can be
> handled?

> Thanks.

> Neil Weicher

> ---------------------
> http://www.netlib.comAs Kaz noted... This should be addressed to a Windows newsgroup.

The short answer is you can't.

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DS==SS vs DS!=SS in a DLL

Quote:

>I created a DLL which requires DS!=SS.  I am trying to link in a
>static library which was compiled with DS==SS.  I do not have the
>source code for that library.  Any suggestions as to how this can be
>handled?

No, I don't, but I'm sure the nice folks over at
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc will. (or perhaps something else instead of
".misc" - there are lots of Windows groups...)

DLLs are an MS-Windows-specific thing, far outside the domain of standard C as
discussed in comp.lang.c.

Peter Bennett VE7CEI                | Vessels shall be deemed to be in sight

TRIUMF, Vancouver, B.C., Canada     |                          ColRegs 3(k)
GPS and NMEA info and programs: ftp://sundae.triumf.ca/pub/peter/index.html
or: ftp://ftp-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/arnd/GPS/peter/index.html
or: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL using WINAPI 16 Bit DS!=SS Problem

2. DLL using WINAPI 16 Bit DS!=SS Problem

3. MSC 6.01a Pharlap 286 Extender and DS != SS

4. DS != SS in Turbo C 2.0

5. Copiling warning, C4058 of MSC V5.1 - DS != SS

6. Microsoft C: Getting The DS & SS For A Module

7. System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods threw an exception

8. IBMVA Switches: icc %1 /c /Gm+ /j- /Sp1 /Sm /Ss /Op-

9. c fun required to print time in yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS format from time_t

10. Trembly Sorenson for DS ?

11. Need access to DS in Windows

12. Watcom's interrupts with ss(stack selector).