I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT
Author Message
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

Hi,

Im trying to access the microphone volume control under Windows 98/NT with
Visual C. I can control the volume of the wave output device with the
function waveOutSetVolume, but I cant find an equivalent function for the
microphone settings. I couldnt find anything usefull in VC-Help.

The solution must not have a user interface, because the application with
the user interace is written in Java and Java has unfortunately no access
to audiocontrol (or does anybody know how to?). So I have to implement a
Java Native Interface using a DLL written in C.

Any help is welcome.

Gunter

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

Quote:
>Hi,

>Im trying to access the microphone volume control under Windows 98/NT with
>Visual C. I can control the volume of the wave output device with the
>function waveOutSetVolume, but I cant find an equivalent function for the
>microphone settings. I couldnt find anything usefull in VC-Help.

Standard C has no support for sound at all (except arguably the '\a'
escape sequence). You ned information on the Windows system interface
and/or extensions provided by VC i.e. things that are not defined by
the C language itself. Try asking in a Windows or VC related newsgroup
such as comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 or
microsoft.public.vc.language.

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT
Gunter Ritter schrieb:

Quote:

> Im trying to access the microphone volume control under
> Windows 98/NT with
> Visual C.

Hi Gunter Ritter,

In that case I would recommend asking in a Windows programming newsgroup,
or maybe even in a newsgroup about Microsoft Visual-C. This newsgroup
mainly discusses ANSI-C, which does not support soundcards or microphones
(or Microsoft Windows programming).

Have a look at these newsgroups:

Stephan

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

Quote:

>Im trying to access the microphone volume control under Windows 98/NT with
>Visual C. I can control the volume of the wave output device with the
>function waveOutSetVolume, but I cant find an equivalent function for the
>microphone settings. I couldnt find anything usefull in VC-Help.

This group only discusses the C language as defined by the ANSI
standard. If you need help with platform-specific problems, ask the
experts in a group discussing your operating system or compiler.

Gergo

--
The two most beautiful words in the English language are "Cheque Enclosed."
                -- Dorothy Parker

GU d- s:+ a--- C++>$ UL+++ P>++ L+++ E>++ W+ N++ o? K- w--- !O !M !V
PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP+ t* 5+ X- R>+ tv++ b+>+++ DI+ D+ G>++ e* h! !r !y+

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT
Sorry, dont shoot me.

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

Quote:
> Sorry, dont shoot me.

We know where you live. The topicality police are on their way. Don't leave
your home. Wait until they arrive and give yourself up willingly. It will
be much easier for you that way.  ;-|

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

   > Sorry, dont shoot me.

   We know where you live. The topicality police are on their way. Don't leave
   your home. Wait until they arrive and give yourself up willingly. It will
   be much easier for you that way.  ;-|

Ha.  You should see what they do for a *second* offense.  Much uglier.
--
Dann Corbit on comp.lang.c:
"Once you have leached enough [from c.l.c], you may find that others are

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT
I've been shoot like this the first time. Now, I shoot on others. Thanx
to the guy on the group, they've taken me to right way. Thanx in
particular to Paul Lutus (what, he haven't told u u where at the wrong
place???!!! :)

Ben Pfaff a crit:

Quote:

>    > Sorry, dont shoot me.

>    We know where you live. The topicality police are on their way. Don't leave
>    your home. Wait until they arrive and give yourself up willingly. It will
>    be much easier for you that way.  ;-|

> Ha.  You should see what they do for a *second* offense.  Much uglier.
> --
> Dann Corbit on comp.lang.c:
> "Once you have leached enough [from c.l.c], you may find that others are
>  then able to attach their razor-sharp hooks into your meaty extremities
>  and you can provide them with a gruesome meal yourself."

--
Life is like a present: You didn't ask for it, it's useless, you don't
want it, you don't care how it should be used, but you keep it anyway.

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

2. Need to factor in Windows 98/NT differences?

3. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

4. DLL loading (Windows NT vs Windows 98)

5. Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics

6. Windows 98 vs Windows NT

7. DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98

8. Problems with Windows NT/98 programming

9. changing system's time zone in Windows 98 and NT

10. Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?

11. Compatibility of Visual C++ 6.0 98/NT with Windows ME

12. Differences between Windows NT, 98 and 95.