Shareware C compiler
Author Message
 Shareware C compiler

Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

Thanks.

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

> Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
> Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
> I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

> Thanks.

lcc?

http://www.*-*-*.com/ .{*filter*}ia.edu/~lcc-win32/

with IDE (Wedit), I like it.

And you can get some more information for $40

Regards
Friedrich

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:
>Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
>Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
>I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

>Thanks.

How 'bout gcc? Exists for Windows also.
http://www.gnu.org

hth
Ren

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

> Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
> Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
> I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

I dont know where this obsession with downloading comes from, but you
could go to a good bookstore, take a look at the computer magazines, have
a look which ones come with a CD on the cover, and there is a good chance
that you will find a C, C++ or Pascal compiler. The last time I was in a
book store, I could have got a Java and a Pascal compiler for 4.99 each.

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

>Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
>Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
>I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

DJGPP is easy to install if that's the concern.  Just unzip in, say,
C:\DJGPP, add a few things to your AUTOEXEC.BAT, and you're ready to go.

Dave Cook

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

>>Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
>>Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
>>I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

>>Thanks.

>How 'bout gcc? Exists for Windows also.

DGJPP *is* a DOS port of gcc. However I don't understand where this aversion
to DJGPP comes from. It isn't complex to use.

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

> Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
> Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
> I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

> Thanks.

If you go to www.download.com there is something called {*filter*}shed DevC
or something to that effect. It has a Win 95 development program but is
based on the Miracle C compiler. Personally, I hate Miracle C- it's a
miracle if you get it to compile. It just isn't normal or portable.

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

>Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
>Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
>I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

>Thanks.

There is an excellent free C compiler called personal C compiler,
which can be found at www.filelibrary.com.  Under DOS/PROGRAMMING/C.
It was at one time a commercial C compiler known as DeSmet C back in
the mid-80's.  It works good, is simple to install and use, and would
be an excellent learning tool.  {*filter*}shed C is a stinking piece of
crap.  All it is is some half-assed IDE slapped on top of Miracle C,
which can be gotten by itself from a number of websites, including the
above.  PCC is better though.  There is also Sphinx C, but I don't
like it.  If you don't mind paying a little money, an excellent C ANSI
C compiler can be ordered from Mix Software at www.mixsoftware.com.
It's called Power C, and comes with a very good manual and tutorial.
It only costs 19.95.  That's nine{*filter*} dollars and ninety-five cents.
It's well worth the investment.

jdm

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

> There is an excellent free C compiler called personal C compiler,
> which can be found at www.filelibrary.com.  Under DOS/PROGRAMMING/C.
> It was at one time a commercial C compiler known as DeSmet C back in
> the mid-80's.

pcc has its place, but iirc, it only implemented a subset of the C
language, as C was defined in the early 80's. At this time, it is quite
obsolete, and would be a poor learning tool.

Wed, 16 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler
[...]
: If you don't mind paying a little money, an excellent C ANSI
: C compiler can be ordered from Mix Software at www.mixsoftware.com.
: It's called Power C, and comes with a very good manual and tutorial.
: It only costs 19.95.  That's nine{*filter*} dollars and ninety-five cents.
: It's well worth the investment.

Particulary for beginners - the hard copy documentation that comes
with it is a real steal, and includes both tutorial and reference.

Will

Thu, 17 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler

Quote:

>> Does anyone Know where I could download a simple
>> Share or Freeware C compiler for Dos or windows,
>> I am aware of DJGPP but im not ready for that quite yet.

http://{*filter*}shed-software.ml.org

Or do a search on CNET for "Dev-C"

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Shareware C compiler
If you don't get the Mix compiler for anything but the documentation (the book
that accompanies it) you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Especially when it comes to having a listing of standard functions. Its well
organized and inexpensive for what you are paying.

SL

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. Compiler error CS 1595 - Help

3. Shareware C compiler?

4. Shareware compiler

5. Shareware C compiler for the Macintosh?

6. Shareware 'C' compilers

7. Needed: Macintosh Free/Shareware Compiler

8. Working Shareware C Compiler?

9. shareware/freeware/ cheapassware compilers

10. pacific shareware msdos compiler...package.

11. Shareware compilers/ Win 9X

12. Shareware compiler?