Rationale section of the Standard
Author Message
 Rationale section of the Standard

Can someone direct me to a source for a plain ASCII version of the Rationale
section of the ANSI C Standard?  I have located a site that has this file in
postscript,{*filter*}and .dvi formats but I want to be able to search, cut &
paste, etc. I'm not interested in printing it out.

I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to convert the formatted files. I've
tried Ghostview/Ghostprint, ps2ascii, ps2txt and detex.

Jerry Bundy

ftp://ftp.netcom.com/ftp/pub/jb/jbundy

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. plz explain some contents of Rationale (1)

2. plz rephrase some sentences in Rationale of C90

3. plz rephrase some sentences in Rationale

4. plz rephrase these sentences in C90 and Rationale.

5. Rationale for char. literal as int

6. Rationale behind sizeof operator needing parens for types?

7. Rationale for #if behavior

8. plz give me explanation about Rationale

9. plz explain some contents of Rationale (2)

10. restrict to binary architectures. (in Rationale)

11. plz give me more explanation about Rationale

12. some questions about Rationale