Source code for stdio.h
Author Message
 Source code for stdio.h

Hmm... the subject line basically covers my question...

Where can I find the source code for the functions in stdio.h -
specifically printf().  It doesn't really matter for which compiler, I
just need a good example.

Thx.

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code for stdio.h

Bill Plauger's book "Standard C Library"

Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code for stdio.h

What do you out of printf()? va_args?
--

The compiler errors always remind me that I am human.

Quote:
> Hmm... the subject line basically covers my question...

> Where can I find the source code for the functions in stdio.h -
> specifically printf().  It doesn't really matter for which compiler, I
> just need a good example.

> Thx.

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code for stdio.h

Quote:

> Hmm... the subject line basically covers my question...

> Where can I find the source code for the functions in stdio.h -
> specifically printf().  It doesn't really matter for which compiler, I
> just need a good example.

> Thx.

Get

        P. J. Plauger; The Standard C Library; Prentice Hall; 1992
`       ISBN 0-13-131509-9

Remember, the source code in this book almost certainly does not match
that for your compiler (and, likely, doesn't match that for any
compiler).  It will show techniques for implementing the various
standard functions.

Michael M Rubenstein

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code for stdio.h

: Where can I find the source code for the functions in stdio.h -
: specifically printf().  It doesn't really matter for which compiler, I
: just need a good example.

You can get all the C library code from the GNU project as it is used
for Linux.  Look for it on sunsite-unc.edu (or rather a mirror of it),
for example at

        sunsite-unc.edu/ALPHA/mips/libc/src/libc-4.6.27.tar.gz

If you're not programming UNIX, doesn't matter, because printf() is
pretty much the same everywhere.

I hope this helps,
--
        - Wolfgang

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code for stdio.h

: Hmm... the subject line basically covers my question...

: Where can I find the source code for the functions in stdio.h -
: specifically printf().  It doesn't really matter for which compiler, I
: just need a good example.

Let's see...

        K&R's book discusses how to implement printf(). They
        don't do a complete implementation, but do it in a
        tutorial-like way.

        The Standard C Library has code for everything, but
        is definitely not for beginners. If you know C well,
        it isn't hard to follow.

        Visual C++ has the complete source for its implementation
        of the standard library on the CD. Great resource to see
        a "real" implementation where performance is critical.

There's probably other places you can find a printf implementation
but those are the only ones I can think of.

Scott

Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Source code for stdio.h

Quote:

>Bill Plauger's book "Standard C Library"

Try looking for P.J. Plauger's book. I do not know what
the P.J. stands for, but I don't think it is Bill. :-)

--
Craig

Manchester, NH
I am glad I came from nothing because it makes a
better story.  -- Tanya Tucker

Sun, 18 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: source code of stdio for unix (SunOS)

2. REQ:stdio source code in c

3. Where can I find stdio source code.

4. how to convert source code pascal to source code c

5. Java source code to CSharp source code converter

6. stdio reimplementation posted to alt.sources

7. stdio-sorce code

8. Linux code porting question (stdio magic numbers)

9. mp3 source code ? - Source.zip (1/1)

10. mp3 source code ? - Source.zip (0/1)

11. Source code sources?

12. New C# Source Code Sample - Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps