Future of Watcom C/C++
Author Message
 Future of Watcom C/C++

    Hello!

The official life of Watcom C/C++ has ended. Will there be a
second incarnation as an OpenSource/GPL/xyzWare project? It
has been a great product that should not disappear entirely...

    Ole

-------- Ole Foskaty --------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Future of Watcom C/C++
Its a shame, I agree. If only Watcom had a slightly nicer coding
environment and had released a more ISO comforming compiler
(I'm talking C++ here, sorry!) then I would have stuck with it.Mind
you, I only used it for the 32bit DOS compiler, anyway.

James.

Quote:

>    Hello!

>The official life of Watcom C/C++ has ended. Will there be a
>second incarnation as an OpenSource/GPL/xyzWare project? It
>has been a great product that should not disappear entirely...

>    Ole

>-------- Ole Foskaty --------

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Future of Watcom C/C++
I hope so but the chances are slim. There are too much things around the
compiler licensed from other companies. They could be removed but this
requires time (money).

Eugene

Quote:

>     Hello!

> The official life of Watcom C/C++ has ended. Will there be a
> second incarnation as an OpenSource/GPL/xyzWare project? It
> has been a great product that should not disappear entirely...

>     Ole

Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Future of Watcom C/C++

3. Need C++ text for non cs major course

4. Future of C++ and Windows Programming :: C++

5. FUTURE SOFTWARE FUTURES

6. How to show/call Form2.cs from Form1.cs ?

7. Include code in other Cs files

9. word - automatic numbering/bold/underline/italics

10. How to Generate .cs file at Runtime

11. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code

12. Serial.cs