real time clock
Author Message
 real time clock

Hi,
I want to update the system clock with the built-in real time (quartz)
clock. Unfortunately I didn't found anything about doing this.
Perhaps somebody can tell me if this is possible and if so, how can I
manage that.
I'm using the microsoft developer studio.

Thank you
Thomas Herrmann

Thu, 06 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 real time clock

Quote:

>Hi,
>I want to update the system clock with the built-in real time (quartz)
>clock. Unfortunately I didn't found anything about doing this.
>Perhaps somebody can tell me if this is possible and if so, how can I
>manage that.
>I'm using the microsoft developer studio.

Is the built-in real time (quartz) clock "Plug-in and Play"? Do you
have a PCMCIA bus? If so, just shove it in and reboot! If that doesn't
work, you may have to spark up the Add New Hardware wizard.

BTW, the only systems that I have seen that had decent dedicated time
keeping hardware came configured to use *that* as the system clock,
right from the get go.

--
Craig

Manchester, NH
So what? I got my hands dirty to achieve our goal. -- Paul Mesken

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 real time clock

Quote:

> Hi,
> I want to update the system clock with the built-in real time (quartz)
> clock. Unfortunately I didn't found anything about doing this.

Hi Thomas Herrmann,

That's probably because standard C does not support fiddling with any
system specific clocks. You need to find the correct system or
compiler specific language extensions to do this. Or if your compiler
does not support it, find another compiler who does.

Quote:
> Perhaps somebody can tell me if this is possible and if so, how can I
> manage that.
> I'm using the microsoft developer studio.

For help with MS-DOS programming you might ask in:

For help with Windows programming you might ask in:

Stephan

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: update system clock with real time clock

2. Get Real Time Clock (RTC) time/date

3. Real Time Clock on Red Hat Linux Hangs on Read (from /dev/rtc)

4. Real Time Clock (RTC) in C/C++

5. Help with real time clock

6. Real time clock function needed

7. Real time clock -- 15 ms??

8. help REAL TIME CLOCK INTERRUPT

9. Y2k and Real Time Clock

10. clock() function and CPU/wall clock time

11. Is timing reproducible ? (Re: times vs clock)

12. real-time vs. user-time