Atomic or Not?
Author Message
 Atomic or Not?

Hi,

I just need to know whether the following assignment staments (lines 2, and
3 seperately) atomic or not, on a multiprocessor Windows 2000 system?

//*******************
1. int a,b,*c;

2. a=b;
3. c=&a;
//*********************

thx in advance...

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:24:07 GMT
 Atomic or Not?

Quote:
> I just need to know whether the following assignment staments (lines 2,
> and 3 seperately) atomic or not, on a multiprocessor Windows 2000
> system?

> //*******************
> 1. int a,b,*c;

> 2. a=b;
> 3. c=&a;
> //*********************

Maybe. This is not specified by ISO C. Best I can suggest is to look at
the assembler output line 2 and 3 generate, then read the Intel (or AMD
depending) documents on MP handling of the resulting instructions. Can you
see why this is not a C question now?

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:29:56 GMT

1. Getting Atomic Clock Data

2. are these atomic?

3. Atomic actions in C/C++

4. 64bit platform and atomic data type

5. Shared memory operations atomic?

6. atomic read-write operations

7. rename() atomic or no?

8. atomic operation

9. Atomic ++ operator

10. Atomic #defines (was Re: Password checking program)

11. Atomic operation

12. atomic promote/demote Access table lock?