Please help a student in input of data in Visual C++
Author Message
 Please help a student in input of data in Visual C++

> the only alternative is that i create a dialog box and ask ...

The only alternative is to post to the adequate group.
This one is dedicated to ANSI C.  So?

--
  A file that big?
  It might be very useful.

Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help a student in input of data in Visual C++

Quote:

>in my project, when i click on any part of the window (using LButtonDowm()), i
>am supposed to be able to input characters keyed in from the stdin. what i
>noticed is that i cannot used scanf, getchar or cin in Viscual c++. for scanf,
>the return value will either be a -1 or 0. no characters typed onto the
>keyboard seems to be able to be detected by scanf, getchar or cin.

The C language has no windowsing support at all, your question is about
Windows rather than C so you'll need to discuss it in a Windows related
newsgroup, maybe comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

Quote:
>the only alternative is that i create a dialog box and ask the user to entered
>data into them. but i am supposed to enter data just via the keyboard and then
>display that on the window. the outputing of the data had been done but i have
>no ideas on how to get the data forom stdin.

Again, C has nothing to say about dialog boxes. What you can and can't so
is determined purely by what facilities Windows or your particular compiler
defines.

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. please help a student in the input of chars in Visual c++

2. (Help for a Student) Simple C++ Q for Visual 5

3. (Help for a Student) Simple C++ Q for Visual 5

4. Any Student Versions of Visual C++?

5. Help with student records/structure data type

6. Data Structure Student needing help.

7. Problem with Visual C++ .Net PLEASE HELP

8. Please help me get my visual c++ files back

9. Please help me with Visual C++

10. Visual C++ Version 4(Projects and Sub-Projects) Help Please

11. Visual Basic and Visual C++ relationship - data types

12. Please Help Me. With Visual C++ 1.5