Borland to GCC
Author Message
 Borland to GCC

Experts,
    I have the source for a bbs program which was written to handle Borland and
Watcom C compilers.  I'm curious.  Does anybody know which switches I should
use to minimize the translations required to compile this code under GCC?
    -ADMIRAL COEYMAN
http://www.*-*-*.com/

*---------------------*

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland to GCC

Quote:
>Experts,
>    I have the source for a bbs program which was written to handle Borland and
>Watcom C compilers.  I'm curious.  Does anybody know which switches I should
>use to minimize the translations required to compile this code under GCC?

There isn't much you can do with command like switches. The main problems
will be dealing with missing library functions, language extensions like
far and environment assumptions like the size of an int.

Fri, 07 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland to GCC

Quote:
> Experts,
>     I have the source for a bbs program which was written to handle Borland and
> Watcom C compilers.  I'm curious.  Does anybody know which switches I should
> use to minimize the translations required to compile this code under GCC?

I guess most of the warnings are indicating that your original code
was nonportable.  You may want to read the documentation for GCC to
turn off alll but the most severe warnings, and fix those first.

(Also you may want to keep the width of your posts lower).

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANSI standard C -- who's right Borland or gcc

2. GCC / Borland C++ Builder

3. Q: Linking gcc object files w/ Borland library

4. GCC functions that I need in Borland

5. Linux gcc --> Borland c

6. borland c -> gcc (Linux)

7. Borland 'C' vs GCC

8. gcc g++: File.h for gcc - did you ever seen

9. Borland C 3.1 Borland Make 3.6 problem

10. conversion from Borland Pascal to Borland C

11. Borland Pascal to Borland C++ translator package?

12. why does this work in gcc and not borland?