Creating separate text files from one large one
Author Message
 Creating separate text files from one large one

Anyone know of a program that will read through a large .TXT file and create
smaller separate files based upon anchors in the larger file ?

Example

Field:
data
data
data

Field:
data1
data1
data1

To create separate files for each "Field" heading.
Thanks
Glen

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating separate text files from one large one

   Anyone know of a program that will read through a large .TXT file and create
   smaller separate files based upon anchors in the larger file ?

perl?
--
"Large amounts of money tend to quench any scruples I might be having."
  -- Stephan Wilms

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating separate text files from one large one

Quote:

>    Anyone know of a program that will read through a large .TXT file and create
>    smaller separate files based upon anchors in the larger file ?
> perl?

awk is another possibility.

--
Eric Amick
Columbia, MD

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Create one singleton object in other interface's method (in one project)

2. Stupid Question: Large files (really big ones)

3. read hexadecimalvalues one by one out from a file

4. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

5. having two separate values in one long

6. Creating Several Files from One

7. Midl creates two files instead of one

8. How can one quickly create log files?

9. Released version programme is larger in size than the debug version one’s

10. Released version programme is larger in size than the debug version one’s

11. How does one detect device info like small/large fonts

12. Separating various lines of text into separate CStrings