How to reset pointer
Author Message
 How to reset pointer

How to reset the pointer to the original address after a few of "pointer
arithmetic".

Thanks,

Carlo

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:09:45 GMT
 How to reset pointer

Quote:
> How to reset the pointer to the original address after a few of "pointer
> arithmetic".

Pointers do not have any inherent "reset" ability. You must remember
where the original address was and set the pointer there yourself.
If you know how far away you haved the pointer, just move it back by
the same distance. Otherwise you'll have to make a backup copy of your
pointer and assign it to your pointer to "reset" it.

"You have moved your mouse, for these changes to take effect you must shut down
and restart your computer. Do you want to restart your computer now?"
   - Karri Kalpio

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:11:32 GMT
 How to reset pointer
Save it in another pointer and restore

Rod Webster
www.mooralana.com
Home of Snap to PDF

Quote:
> How to reset the pointer to the original address after a few of "pointer
> arithmetic".

> Thanks,

> Carlo

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:11:47 GMT

1. AddIn-CommandBar-Reset()-How to stop user resetting toolbar

2. resetting a file pointer

3. Dereferencing f-pointers, arrays of f-pointers, pointers to f-pointers

4. How to reset a pending asynchronous socket

5. AutoScrollPosition resets

6. Blue screen + reset with VS.NET and XP

7. Resetting PropertyGrid value to old value

8. Compiling with VC++7 resets my computer

9. check and reset macro

10. HELP!: Resetting DOS Environment Variables from MS-Windows 3.1

11. How to reset stdout to console?

12. Resetting select()??