Help with system calls needed
Author Message
 Help with system calls needed

Hi there;

I need to know how to construct a C function that will interract with another
called program.  For example, imagine a function that executes a mail program,
checks to see if any mail is in (by looking at the stdout of the mail program)
and responds accordingly, simulating the keystrokes of a user.

When I use the system() function, a program can be executed but no keystrokes
can be sent to it by the calling program, as it has no control until the called
program exits.  I am working in a Unix environment and I'm sure there is a way
to do this.  Does some kind soul know how? :)

- Thanks in advance;
                          Igor Divjak

Fri, 01 Mar 1996 10:36:16 GMT

1. Inexplicable System call failure - HELP - expert needed

2. Inexplicable system call failure! HELP-Expert Needed

3. URGENT : Help needed with system()/fork() call

4. system call in Sun OS - need help

5. HELP:perform system call or call an external program

6. Urgent Help Needed-Calling the help file.

7. HELP!!! Need help calling a DLL

8. directing unix system call "system"s output

9. "system()" system call

10. Help - System call to Rename files to lowercase in Win 95

11. Help on system call

12. Help!! system call