Fixup Overflow?
Author Message
 Fixup Overflow?

    Hi, I've got a program that assembles ok but when I try to link it I

get the following error:

Turbo Link  Version 7.1.30.1. Copyright (c) 1987, 1996 Borland
International
Error: Fixup overflow at ALEC9_TEXT:00F2, target = PCXDATA:0000 in
module ALEC9.ASM
Error: Fixup overflow at ALEC9_TEXT:00FA, target = PCXDATA:0000 in
module ALEC9.ASM

    I have three data segments in this program, two of which contain a
64000 byte array, and the other one
has a 1024 byte array.
    What does this error mean and how can I fix it?

Thank you

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Fixup Overflow?

Quote:

> Error: Fixup overflow at ALEC9_TEXT:00F2, target = PCXDATA:0000 in
> module ALEC9.ASM
> Error: Fixup overflow at ALEC9_TEXT:00FA, target = PCXDATA:0000 in
> module ALEC9.ASM

  In the file ALEC9.ASM you have two references, probably to the
same thing and probably very close to each other that are a
problem.  (In linker versions I have used the 00F2 and 00FA
are not reliable, so they probably don't tell you much about
where the problem lies).

  The ALEC9_TEXT is reliable, so you know the problem is in that
segment.  I assume that is your code segment.

  The "target" is reliable, so you know the address you are
refering to in the problem reference is the first thing in
the segment PCXDATA.

  There are lots of different things you might have done wrong
that could cause this problem.  I don't feel like trying to
list them.  In general, either PCXDATA is being linked in the
wrong order, or the ASSUMEd base of the reference is wrong,
or you did a 16-bit operation where 32-bit was required.  Each
of those has many subcases.

  Try to identify the two lines of code that it is complaining
about and post those together with the declarations (EXTRN or
ASSUME or whatever) that seem to be related.  That will narrow
it down enough for someone to give more help.  It might also
help to get a .map file and see where PCXDATA lies relative to
other segments.
--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fixup Overflow?

2. TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors

3. fixup overflow, what does it mean

4. fixup overflow ?

5. Fixup Overflow

6. Fixup Overflow Error

7. Fixup Overflow Error L2002

8. "Fixup Overflow - TLINK.EXE

9. Fixup overflow problem and question

10. Fixup errors

11. unsupported Fixup kind in library file

12. -=- Getting Fixups into Your Data Segment ??? -=-