GAS vs M$ vs Borland; formats questions
Author Message
 GAS vs M$ vs Borland; formats questions

Dear all,

We're trying to see if this is possible to use
GAS files with Borland C compiler.
(our GAS files are hand-coded *.S files that come with GNU MP)

For MSVC, one can simply compile GAS files with cygwin gcc,
and use the resulting object files (say, in a object library)
without any problem.
For Borland this trick does not seem to work; they use a different
object format, and the convertor coff2(whatever) they provide
rejects object libraries with object files made by gcc.

Is there a way around?

Also, could perhaps someone point out to a text
comparing different assembler formats for x86.
Are there any (semi)-automatic convertors beween different
assembler formats?
(I never programmed in x86 assembler myself, so please forgive
me my ignorance.)

Thanks in advance,
Dima
--
Dmitrii Pasechnik
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. stdcall vs c vs cdecl vs pascal vs whosyerdaddy

2. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7

3. Visual Basic VS. REALBasic (MS VS. MAC)

4. Transaction Processing vs Batch, MS SQL vs Acucobol

5. LAHEY vs DEC vs MS-Powerstation (long)

6. LAHEY vs DEC vs MS-PowerStation

7. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

8. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

9. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

10. API vs Internal vs Public vs Private in Envy/QA

11. VO vs DELPHI vs FOXPRO(Windows) vs DBASE(Windows)

12. Cellular automata benchmarks: Java vs C++ vs Java vs C++