Harddrive serial number
Author Message
 Harddrive serial number

Hi Fellow Programmers!

I need to know if it is possbile to get the serial number of the harddrive ?
Is there any int call that would do the trick ?

Thanks

Jan

Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harddrive serial number

Quote:
>Hi Fellow Programmers!

>I need to know if it is possbile to get the serial number of the harddrive ?
>Is there any int call that would do the trick ?

you can read the master informatiuon sector on the hd
and it will return 512 bytes filled with info such as
model #, manufacturer, serial #, size, cache size blah etce tcetc.
but you cant do it with an int call, you have to directly program
the IDE controller.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Harddrive serial number
On ATA (IDE) drives you will have to do this with PIO.
IDENTIFY DEVICE Command ECh
--

Eric P. van Westendorp  Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22  2215NN Voorhout  Netherlands

Quote:

> Hi Fellow Programmers!

> I need to know if it is possbile to get the serial number of the harddrive ?
> Is there any int call that would do the trick ?

> Thanks

> Jan

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Do PC's have serial numbers?

2. Serial Number Limitations

3. Dolphin 4.01 will not accept my serial number

4. Serial Number of Processor

5. Computer Serial Number

6. serial number

7. serial number for realBasic 3.2 pro

8. Serial Number for RB

9. Serial Numbers in RB Programs

10. OT: RB serial number

11. Serial Numbers

12. Getting Disk Serial Number with PBDLL