I am going to start assembly programming
Author Message
 I am going to start assembly programming

at school, and we're going to use Turbo De{*filter*}. I got a laptop with
windows XP, do I have to uninstall XP and install windows 98 since TD
is a msdos program?
And WHERE can I get TD?

Sun, 01 May 2005 10:37:05 GMT
 I am going to start assembly programming

Quote:

>at school, and we're going to use Turbo De{*filter*}. I got a laptop with
>windows XP, do I have to uninstall XP and install windows 98 since TD
>is a msdos program?

No.  Windows XP supports DOS programs just as well as NT always has.

Quote:
>And WHERE can I get TD?

If the school is going to give you assignments with it, I assume the school
will provide the program.
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Sun, 01 May 2005 15:56:03 GMT
 I am going to start assembly programming

Quote:

> >at school, and we're going to use Turbo De{*filter*}. I got a laptop with
> >windows XP, do I have to uninstall XP and install windows 98 since TD
> >is a msdos program?

> No.  Windows XP supports DOS programs just as well as NT always has.

> >And WHERE can I get TD?

> If the school is going to give you assignments with it, I assume the
school
> will provide the program.
> --

>   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

I apologize if I'm off topic but it seems that if they are going to use TD
and the TASM package one may assume they are also goning to program under
DOS. That suppose interupts. Unfortunately, it is impossible to call INT
under WinXP, and it is fully supportable with win 98/Me. So may be you
should consider at least Dual boot.
Greetz.
                                                                   Botzi

Tue, 03 May 2005 02:15:30 GMT
 I am going to start assembly programming

Quote:
> >And WHERE can I get TD?

> If the school is going to give you assignments with it, I assume the
school
> will provide the program.

But if you can't find it look under community.borland.com, it might be there
with some other program.

Tue, 03 May 2005 01:58:54 GMT
 I am going to start assembly programming

Quote:

>I apologize if I'm off topic but it seems that if they are going to use TD
>and the TASM package one may assume they are also goning to program under
>DOS. That suppose interupts. Unfortunately, it is impossible to call INT
>under WinXP, and it is fully supportable with win 98/Me. So may be you
>should consider at least Dual boot.

16-bit programs can call INT 21 and INT 10 to their heart's content in
Windows XP, just as they always have in the NT systems.

In fact, there are very few things that a 16-bit program can do on Windows
98 that cannot also be done on Windows NT/2K/XP.
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Tue, 03 May 2005 14:56:01 GMT
 I am going to start assembly programming

Quote:
> 16-bit programs can call INT 21 and INT 10 to their heart's content in
> Windows XP, just as they always have in the NT systems.

> In fact, there are very few things that a 16-bit program can do on Windows
> 98 that cannot also be done on Windows NT/2K/XP.
> --

>   Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Of course, my fault.
It isn't a problem to keep programming 16 bit code and doesn't bother for
the actual win version on the machine.
If I'm not in mistake (again:)) in 16 bit code you have access to the
hardware ports as well.
Greetz.

.::botzi::.

Wed, 04 May 2005 04:48:16 GMT
 I am going to start assembly programming
you may want to look a this IDE for 8086 assembly, it has Windows
interface:

http://www.simtel.net/pub/dl/58244.html

Thu, 26 May 2005 04:03:35 GMT

1. I am new to Assembly language Programming.

2. Starting assembly programming under windows

3. I need a timestamp in milliseconds that starts when my program starts

4. am i gonna go down in flames??

5. Am stupid and now going crazy...

6. Tk in C: I am going insane

7. Just starting -- am I stupid? (new and initialize)

8. i am new to assembly language

9. Going nuts with Start()

10. Where does one go for aswers on assembly?

11. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

12. Start of a windows-program out of a COBOL-program / file-encoding