generating a delay
Author Message
 generating a delay

I am a very new assembly programmer, as you probably can tell, so please
have pacience.  How do I generate a delay?  By this I mean the
delay(milliseconds) funtion in either C or Turbo Pascal?  I wish to gain
independance from these built in functions?
--
Michael Case

Fri, 27 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 generating a delay

Quote:

>I am a very new assembly programmer, as you probably can tell, so please
>have pacience.  How do I generate a delay?  By this I mean the
>delay(milliseconds) funtion in either C or Turbo Pascal?  I wish to gain
>independance from these built in functions?

Hi MC!

One option - for millisecond delays - check out Int 15h, function 86h - as
long as the target computer is a 286nor better, you'll be set.

Other than that, read up on pots 40h, and 43h - it is possible to get VERY
high resolution timing's using the PIT timer port(s).

Ep
Ed Parry - Southern California, USA

Unauthorized amphibians will be toad away.

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Generate a delayed pulse with analog trigger

2. Generate a delayed pulse with analog trigger(2)

3. FREE tool-Generate synchronized delay module automatically!

4. FREE tool- Generate synchronized delay module automatically!

5. How to generate two analog square output with one delayed

6. Delays, verilog ignores my delays?

7. Unit Delay vs. Zero Delay

8. Avoiding inertial delay in delay lines

9. Transport Delay and Inertial Delay

10. delay until vs. delay relative

11. QSCGZ delay problem (was: strange memory-access-delay)

12. Transport Delay Vs Inertial Delay