help calling a win3.1 Kernel function
Author Message
 help calling a win3.1 Kernel function

Hello All,

Thanks for your attention.  Can anyone give me some pointers on
how to call the WinExec function in win3.1's KERNEL.EXE from
a DOS app?    I'm just getting into asm programming and am
unsure how to get the vector of the function so that I can call it.  If
this wont work, do I need to install a TSR from the DOS app that
then calls WinExec after the DOS app ends and then terminates
itself?

What I *REALLY* would appreciate is info on tutorials or books that
are specifically oriented toward asm programming using the windows
API and also writing windows DLL's (I have been through the FAQ
several times and didn't find much info on windows.  I did find a file
called skeleton.zip that is very interesting but doesn't give much
specific "how to" info).

Also, I am currently evaluating the A86 assembler but am wondering
what the best assembler for use with windows (3.1, 95, & etc...) is?

Any information will be enthusiastically received.

TIA,
Bryan

New Vision Software             "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                            "the weird turn pro."

                                         Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Thu, 01 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ calling fortran function and fortran function calling a c++ function

2. help: how to call fortran95 routine of Intel Math Kernel Library in CVF

3. How to find out name of calling function from called function

4. Calling functions from functions from functions ...

5. density estimation, kernel functions etc

6. GNU as, Linux, Kernel int 0x80 functions

7. Kernel Calls, Best Design

8. Help with C function call translation please

9. Calling all WinAPI Gurus: Help me make a list of Useful API functions for CW programmers

10. Ask for help: Calling C-functions from Eiffel

11. HELP: Calling shutdown function

12. HELP: Problem with C function called in Ada