MASM MMX
Author Message
 MASM MMX

I am trying to write MMX code to link in with Windows C
that uses MMX instructions (for curiosity) and whenever
I try to assemble with MASM 6.14.8444 it gives:

Error A2085: instruction or register not accepted in
current CPU mode.

I am using .586 and FLAT, STDCALL; can anyone syggest what
I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Tim N.

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MASM MMX

Quote:

>I am trying to write MMX code to link in with Windows C

[...]

Quote:
>Error A2085: instruction or register not accepted in
>current CPU mode.

Have you tried .MMX ?

<just wondering>
Is there no manual?
</just wondering>

Vinzent.

--
"Were there no women, men might live like gods."
        -- Thomas Dekker

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MASM MMX

Quote:

>I am trying to write MMX code to link in with Windows C
>that uses MMX instructions (for curiosity) and whenever
>I try to assemble with MASM 6.14.8444 it gives:

>Error A2085: instruction or register not accepted in
>current CPU mode.

>I am using .586 and FLAT, STDCALL; can anyone syggest what
>I am doing wrong?

You have to add:  .mmx

(For tasm5.0r it is:   pmmx)

frans morsch

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MASM MMX

Quote:

> >I am trying to write MMX code to link in with Windows C
> >that uses MMX instructions (for curiosity) and whenever
> >I try to assemble with MASM 6.14.8444 it gives:

> >Error A2085: instruction or register not accepted in
> >current CPU mode.

> >I am using .586 and FLAT, STDCALL; can anyone syggest what
> >I am doing wrong?

> You have to add:  .mmx

Thankyou, it works now.

Tim N.

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. masm, mmx, and windows

2. MASM and MMX

3. MASM 6.14 & MMX

4. MASM and MMX

5. How to use MASM with MMX

6. MMX macros for masm 6.10 (where to get?)

7. porting win16 masm code to win32 masm code

8. MASM 6.x BNF (MASM Guide Appendix B)

9. Support MMX??

10. TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG

11. mmx instructions

12. Using 3D-Now! and MMX in SQRT