Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!
Author Message
 Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!

I'm desperately looking for some real tech stuff about programming floppy
disk drive. Important : I don't need no int list! I need something
which gives me the ability to code my own drive access routine and some
tutorial about filosofy behind reading and writing a diskette would help
too!
Please help.

-----------------------

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!

Quote:
>I'm desperately looking for some real tech stuff about programming floppy
>disk drive. Important : I don't need no int list! I need something
>which gives me the ability to code my own drive access routine and some
>tutorial about filosofy behind reading and writing a diskette would help
>too!
>Please help.

I've got a decent program that does anything to a disk without BIOS. It has
some tech. stuff, full source... if you want, I'll send it over to you.

  - vulture a.k.a. Sean Stanek

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!

Quote:

> I'm desperately looking for some real tech stuff about programming floppy
> disk drive. Important : I don't need no int list! I need something
> which gives me the ability to code my own drive access routine and some
> tutorial about filosofy behind reading and writing a diskette would help
> too!
> Please help.

> -----------------------

Look this document:
 http://www.salleURL.edu/~josepmr/Docs/82078_ds.pdf

This document explains how the fd works.

I'm doing a program with C that reads a sector from the disk and writes it to
another sector. If you want it, email me.

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!

Quote:

> I'm desperately looking for some real tech stuff about programming
> floppy
> disk drive. Important : I don't need no int list! I need something
> which gives me the ability to code my own drive access routine and
> some
> tutorial about filosofy behind reading and writing a diskette would
> help
> too!

Go
to:http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/resource/technology/chrpio/io_ref.bk.html

and read chapters about FDC controller. DMA is quite easy to program,
look for "Games Programmer's Encyclopedia" - it has DMA explanations
inside. FDC is connected to DMA channel #2. Pointer to diskette
parameters table is loacted at 0000:0078h and format of the table can be
found in R. Brown's interrupt list or HelpPC database.

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Floppy Disk Drive Low Level Programming Help!
Here is a simple source code for you. It's quite easy
to follow (I hope this is the file I mean :-)

http://www.execpc.com/~geezer/os/floppy.zip

Helppc might also help you out for a little. It is somewhere
in ftp-sites...

Quote:

> I'm desperately looking for some real tech stuff about programming floppy
> disk drive. Important : I don't need no int list! I need something
> which gives me the ability to code my own drive access routine and some
> tutorial about filosofy behind reading and writing a diskette would help
> too!
> Please help.

> -----------------------

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Code to Low-Level read/write to Floppy Disks

2. Low level floppy disk stuff

3. Low level hard disk programming

4. Low level disk services - Usual newbie needs help type of message

5. How to access the floppy disk drive

6. low-level floppy code

7. Floppy I/O and General Low Level Compatibility

8. Access disk Low level ?!

9. Low-level disk read/write

10. Low-level disk control

11. Low level hard disk access