MASM or TASM availablity
Author Message
 MASM or TASM availablity

I have MASM ver 5.1 and would like to upgrade to ver 6.0 or better but
have been unable to locate any.  Microsoft does not appear to sell
MASM anymore.  Is this correct or where might I be able to purchase a
newer version of an assembler.  By the way, I've noticed that
beginning with MSDOS v6.0, DOS no longer comes with the exe2bin.exe
file for converting exe files to com files.  I assume the old exe2bin
from v5.0 will work just as well.

Mon, 22 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MASM or TASM availablity
Quote:

>I have MASM ver 5.1 and would like to upgrade to ver 6.0 or better but
>have been unable to locate any.  Microsoft does not appear to sell
>MASM anymore.  Is this correct or where might I be able to purchase a
>newer version of an assembler.  By the way, I've noticed that
>beginning with MSDOS v6.0, DOS no longer comes with the exe2bin.exe
>file for converting exe files to com files.  I assume the old exe2bin
>from v5.0 will work just as well.

Well, I know they still sell it, because I got version 6.11 for DOS for
Christmas from my brother who works at MS.  It's also on the shelves here
at the computer ssection of the UMass bookstore.  If you have a Web browser,
check out www.micrsoft.com, and snoop around for it; I think it is under
Development Tools (it's not prominent).

Tue, 23 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MASM or TASM availablity

Quote:

>>I have MASM ver 5.1 and would like to upgrade to ver 6.0 or better but
>>have been unable to locate any.  Microsoft does not appear to sell
>>MASM anymore.  Is this correct or where might I be able to purchase a
>>newer version of an assembler.  By the way, I've noticed that
>>beginning with MSDOS v6.0, DOS no longer comes with the exe2bin.exe
>>file for converting exe files to com files.  I assume the old exe2bin
>>from v5.0 will work just as well.

>Well, I know they still sell it, because I got version 6.11 for DOS for
>Christmas from my brother who works at MS.  It's also on the shelves here
>at the computer ssection of the UMass bookstore.  If you have a Web browser,
>check out www.micrsoft.com, and snoop around for it; I think it is under
>Development Tools (it's not prominent).

Finally found it.  Had to use the search feature in microsoft webpage.
Then in turn called up several software stores (they no longer
advertise selling it) and ask for it by name.  Had to special order
the upgrade version.  Thanks for the reply though.

Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MASM or TASM availablity

writes:

Quote:

>>I have MASM ver 5.1 and would like to upgrade to ver 6.0 or better
but
>>have been unable to locate any.  Microsoft does not appear to sell
>>MASM anymore.  Is this correct or where might I be able to purchase a
>>newer version of an assembler.  By the way, I've noticed that
>>beginning with MSDOS v6.0, DOS no longer comes with the exe2bin.exe
>>file for converting exe files to com files.  I assume the old exe2bin
>>from v5.0 will work just as well.

>Well, I know they still sell it, because I got version 6.11 for DOS
for
>Christmas from my brother who works at MS.  It's also on the shelves
here
>at the computer ssection of the UMass bookstore.  If you have a Web
browser,
>check out www.micrsoft.com, and snoop around for it; I think it is
under
>Development Tools (it's not prominent).

And while you are at www.microsoft.com, get the supplemental programs
for your version of DOS.  It contains all the programs that weren't on
the disk that DOS came on. (print.com, exe2bin.exe, nlsfunc.exe [other
language files]).

Later, Jon

Wed, 24 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. TASM to MASM conversion help needed!

2. MASM or TASM for DOS

3. nasm, tasm, masm, hla

4. MASM/TASM to NASM Converter?

5. Masm and Tasm question.

6. translate code in TASM format to MASM format

7. TASM VS MASM

8. fatal error A1010 in masm, but not tasm

9. Whats the diff between TASM and MASM ??

10. tasm -> masm

11. about tasm 5.0 and masm 6.11

12. tasm masm nasm dazm ...