-> DOS App disassembly/HUFFMAN anyone?
Author Message
 -> DOS App disassembly/HUFFMAN anyone?

Is anyone good at reverse engineering a 1987 .EXE that uses overlays?

I am trying to take an existing DOS (1987) application without its original source code, and have someone
reverse engineer (disassemble) it -with any tools they may use (disassembler/emulator).  The existing
application reads from CD Rom a ".DAT" file  (600 megs) apparently reading a record at a time (4k bytes?)
then unencoding in  (proprietary?) HUFFMAN.

I need a simple decoding function (.DLL) that will decode a record at a time - the current app being too slow,
and crashing all the time.  The price I will pay for this function is negotiable.  If you're interested, please
include your day/night phone number.

Thanks- Jim.

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. -> DOS App disassembly/HUFFMAN anyone?

2. DOS Clipper app -> visual app

3. DOS Clipper app -> visual app

4. Disassemble old DOS App into new .DLL Anyone?

5. MS-DOS boot block disassembly

6. ASCII -> Huffman

7. Migrating DOS/Clipper Apps to Windows/Clipper Apps

8. DOS Box/Full screen from DOS app in Windows

9. Q: Detecting if DOS-app in Wondows FUllscreen or Windowed DOS-box

10. Win32 Console app -> Win32 app: help wanted

11. sockets: tcl app -> C app (udp)

12. HELP>>>>>>>Fortran-Pascal Linking