stepper motor control
Author Message
 stepper motor control

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to control a stepper motor through the parallel port
of a PC. I'm using VC++ 4.0. Any source codes that can simply test my
motors to see if they are running right.
Thanks
KC

Sun, 20 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 stepper motor control

Quote:
> Hi all,
> Does anyone know how to control a stepper motor through the parallel port
> of a PC. I'm using VC++ 4.0. Any source codes that can simply test my
> motors to see if they are running right.
> Thanks
> KC

The following code will make a stepper motor rotate continouslyuntil a key is
pressed.mov al, 80hmov dx, 303h ; control reg address of 8255 on PC Trainer
out dx, al
mov bl, 66h

 again: mov ah, 01
 int 16h    ; check the keypress
 jnz exit
mov al, bl
mov dx, 300h port A address of 8255 on PC Trainer
out dx, al
  mov cx, FFFFh  ; change this value to speed rotation..
  here: loop here
ror bl, 1
jmp again

exit:

If you need any more info on how to interface a stepper motor
to a PC, just e-mail me or you can also buy this book:

The 80x86 IMB PC and Compatible Computers
(Volumes I & II) - Assembly Language, Design and Interfacing
Second edition
by Muhammad Ali Mazidi and Janice Gillispie Mazidie
ISBN: 0-13-758509-8

--

Oxygen: a research in exokernel development!
[http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1063/]

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 stepper motor control

Quote:

> Hi all,
> Does anyone know how to control a stepper motor through the parallel > port of a PC.[..]

I've done that last year in borland C++: the routine could turn the
motor on, make it accelerate, turn at full speed, and then decelerate
and/or stop immediately.

I can send you the sources, just e-mail me, or I'll post that in the
group next week (sorry I don't have the source here, so please wait
until Monday or Tuesday, if I don't forget...)

Cedric.

* Antenna engineer - Alcatel Espace - Toulouse - France       *

Tue, 22 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. stepper motor control

2. Stepper Motor Control

3. Stepper Motor Control

4. PCI 6024E used in stepper motor control

5. Stepper motor control using PCI 6024E card?

6. PCI 6024E stepper motor control

7. stepper motor speed control

8. stepper motor controller

9. stepper motor microstep

10. stepper motor and NI6025E card

11. Driving stepper motor via parallel port

12. Stepper motor problem