Hard disk problems - Hard ones :))
Author Message
 Hard disk problems - Hard ones :))

Hi there.

I am writing a partition manager that handles FATxx file systems. As the
saying goes, I am stuck with my head in the sand :)). I have difficulty with
all the LBA stuff. Any links/answers/code snippets regarding the following
questions will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance...

Here goes...
   * Accessing cylinders above the 1023 mark (8GB limit)
   * Retrieving disk parameters (I would like to write a mini disk driver
too, hence this one)
   * Logical/Physical head difference (no code on this one, just what the
hell this is)

Thanks again.
<yatam>

Naren

--
"Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better than the other way
around."

    [Flourish]

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:45:45 GMT
 Hard disk problems - Hard ones :))
Hello!

You seem to need the Int 13h extensions. You may look them up in Ralf
Browns famous interrupt list.

Greetings

Markus

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:55:58 GMT
 Hard disk problems - Hard ones :))
http://ata-atapi.com/
http://www.nondot.org/sabre/os/articles/DiskandDiscDrives/

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:36:06 GMT

1. Hard disk I/O the hard way

2. Hard disk INT 13h problems

3. Hard disk INT 13h problems

4. PROBLEM ON BOOT SECTOR OF A 1 Go PC Hard Disk - HELP NEEDED

5. HArd disk size?

6. How can I find the Hard disk Info

7. code to read hard disk serial number

8. Hard Disk Serial Number

9. How to get serial nuber of Hard Disk

10. Read HARD DISK ID or serial number

11. Hard Disk Search Tool lotus magellin

12. Hard Disk Search Tool