will someone please, please, please, please HELP me?!!
Author Message
 will someone please, please, please, please HELP me?!!

Folks,
all I really want to do is to be able to get at the FIFO buffer that the
COMx: port uses when I'm either connected to the internet or when
sendind/rx'ing email. Surely there is someone who can help me. Even if I
have to wite a VxD I will learn how, just as long as I'm pointed in the
right direction. Hooking Int 14h or Int 0Bh / 0Ch none of these worked [even
when hooked before windows loaded] I'm guessing that the Modem software
doesn't use these but uses the COMx: port(s) directly. Is there a way to get
at the COMx: port Interrupts (without polling) without interfering with the
modem software?
My understanding is this:
Int 0bH / 0Ch are the COM1/2 COM3/4 interrupts so if I hook these before
windows loads I should have some luck at getting the COMx ports ints UNLESS
after I do this the Modem s/ware comes along and hooks them for its own
purposes AND doesn't pass control to my ISR after its done.!!
So the next best thing is for me to come along after and steal back these
Int's and then pass control to the ISR that was there before me - ie. the
Modems ISR's. IF all this is true then maybe its better I have a windows
program that just finds out where the FIFO Q's are and suck the data out f
these??
Please help me- I'm getting so frustrated with this. Also its a pig becaause
there are so many switches and so on and the example progs I have from the
internet all seem to use different assemblers and linkers but the way to
assemble and link each example is never hardly given making it real tough
for a newbie like me to get things to work. Is there anywhere an the web
that ties all this info together ?
Thanks to any kind soul who puts me out of my misery!!
Ian Turnbull
0961 931941

Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 will someone please, please, please, please HELP me?!!
Dear Ian, you can't cheat Windows that way. The only solution is working with
COM port driver. Parhaps it can tell you some info you're interested in. But
probably you need replacement for your COM port driver for windows.

As for DOS programs that work with COM ports, if those programs work w/o
interrupts but polling, you also can't control them.

Are you sure you need to know how many bytes have been sent and recieved?

Good Luck
Alexei A. Frounze
Homepage: http://alexfru.chat.ru
Mirror:   http://members.xoom.com/alexfru

Quote:

> Folks,
> all I really want to do is to be able to get at the FIFO buffer that the
> COMx: port uses when I'm either connected to the internet or when
> sendind/rx'ing email. Surely there is someone who can help me. Even if I
> have to wite a VxD I will learn how, just as long as I'm pointed in the
> right direction. Hooking Int 14h or Int 0Bh / 0Ch none of these worked [even
> when hooked before windows loaded] I'm guessing that the Modem software
> doesn't use these but uses the COMx: port(s) directly. Is there a way to get
> at the COMx: port Interrupts (without polling) without interfering with the
> modem software?
> My understanding is this:
> Int 0bH / 0Ch are the COM1/2 COM3/4 interrupts so if I hook these before
> windows loads I should have some luck at getting the COMx ports ints UNLESS
> after I do this the Modem s/ware comes along and hooks them for its own
> purposes AND doesn't pass control to my ISR after its done.!!
> So the next best thing is for me to come along after and steal back these
> Int's and then pass control to the ISR that was there before me - ie. the
> Modems ISR's. IF all this is true then maybe its better I have a windows
> program that just finds out where the FIFO Q's are and suck the data out f
> these??
> Please help me- I'm getting so frustrated with this. Also its a pig becaause
> there are so many switches and so on and the example progs I have from the
> internet all seem to use different assemblers and linkers but the way to
> assemble and link each example is never hardly given making it real tough
> for a newbie like me to get things to work. Is there anywhere an the web
> that ties all this info together ?
> Thanks to any kind soul who puts me out of my misery!!

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. please, please, please, please, help

2. HELP !..PLEASE,PLEASe,PLEAse,PLEase,PLease,Please,please.....

3. VSE 3.1 Repository Problem: Please help (please please?)

4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. please,please please do help us

6. Please, please, please!!

7. Please, please, please. i need fortran

8. Someone PLEASE PLEASE look at this

9. help please-----please help about array in DLL

10. Please Please Help - Clarion External Report Wrtter

11. Please Please help

12. Please Please Help