Borland C++ Compiler 3.1/Turbo Assembler?
Author Message
 Borland C++ Compiler 3.1/Turbo Assembler?

i think that the tc++ ide has a menu option to start tasm if you have
it, but I don't think that tasm comes with tc++.

Dave

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland C++ Compiler 3.1/Turbo Assembler?

Quote:

> i think that the tc++ ide has a menu option to start tasm if you have
> it, but I don't think that tasm comes with tc++.

If memory serves, Borland C/C++ products include TASM, but Turbo C/C++
products do not. The latter is a stripped-down version targeted for more
casual users, whilst the first is the full-fledged version targeted for
professional level, containing RTL source and some Application
Frameworks, too. Later versions of BC (>= 5?) have a different
versioning (standard, professional, enterprise) with different
capabilities (mostly different tools and source code sets).

BTW, is Turbo Vision (the C++ user interface framework for DOS programs)
still in circulation? I remember it being a part of BC2 or BC3, but at
least BC4.52 doesn't seem to contain it.

        AriL
--
*DO NOT* send me email unless I ask you to.
I read the answers where I ask the questions.

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland C++ Compiler 3.1/Turbo Assembler?

Quote:

> BTW, is Turbo Vision (the C++ user interface framework for DOS programs)
> still in circulation? I remember it being a part of BC2 or BC3, but at
> least BC4.52 doesn't seem to contain it.

back during the days of BC4.X they packaged it as part of the DOS POWERPACK, but
I understand powerpack has been discontinued.  I really don't think borland
(inprise) is interested in supporting DOS any longer, although they probably
still package the DOS compilers with their tools.

David

Quote:
>         AriL
> --
> *DO NOT* send me email unless I ask you to.
> I read the answers where I ask the questions.
> This may also help some other people.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/5196/index.html    (home page)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/5196/ttc.html      (tao te ching)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/5196/treasure.html (computer page)

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Borland C++ Compiler 3.1/Turbo Assembler?

Quote:

> BTW, is Turbo Vision (the C++ user interface framework for DOS programs)
> still in circulation?

it was available on the Borland ftp site as a freebie, but the download
does not include any documentation, and it is no longer supported.

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem coding assembler in Borland's Turbo C++ 3.5

2. Interface between Borland C++ & Turbo Assembler

3. Far memory in Borland C++ 3.1

4. Problems with EON Eiffel & Borland C++ 3.1

5. question on borland c++ 3.1

6. f2c libraries for Borland C++ 3.1

7. C Programming ObjectKit and Borland C++ 3.1

8. ASM HEL P! turbo assembler (borland)

9. Borland Turbo Assembler 5.0

10. Borland Turbo Assembler

11. Borland Turbo Assembler vrs 4.0