Using the GNU as assembler
Author Message
 Using the GNU as assembler

Quote:

> I've been trying to use the GNU "as" assembler but couldn't get it to
> correctly assemble a simple program. If somebody could show me how to go
> about assembling and linking an assembler program (under Linux), and
> perhaps tell me where I could go to get more information about writing
> in assembler for Linux, I would be very grateful!
> Jonathan Neve.

You can get some information at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mostly Nasm and Gas. I'm not sure how close "as" is to "gas" - less
"gnuish"? Nasm seems to work well with Linux, and might be a more
familiar syntax.

Best,
Frank

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using the GNU as assembler

http://bewoner.dma.be/JanW/eng.html

--
Regards         - Jan Wagemakers -

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. real mode offsets using the GNU assembler!

2. GNU Binary Utilities 2.5.1 released: now includes assembler (gas)

3. gnu assembler .type

4. GNU-assembler Help!

5. How to porting GNU assembler

6. 68000 assembly codes and GNU assembler ...

7. GNU Binary Utilities 2.5.1 released: now includes assembler (gas)

8. instruction set to use with gnu assembler (as/gas)

9. Structures in GNU assembler

10. GNU assembler mnemonics (for i386)

11. GNU assembler symbols

12. GNU Assembler?