Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001
Author Message
 Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

The following error occurred using Microsoft's Incremental Linker
LINK.EXE version 5.12.8078:
Fatal error LNK1190: invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

The assembly language program had compiled normally and generated an obj
file with no error messages.   Does anyone have a clue as to why the
linker failed?  Also, does anyone have a list of LINK.EXE error codes
and what they mean?

(Op sys=Windows98, Intel chip=Pentium II, compiled using ML)

Thank you.

Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

Quote:

> The following error occurred using Microsoft's Incremental Linker
> LINK.EXE version 5.12.8078:
> Fatal error LNK1190: invalid fixup found, type 0x0001

Your linker version seems slightly old. My Masm6 (ml) is accompanied
with link v 5.13. Maybe you have an old linker in a path directory
before the masm directories? Another thought: my linker says it's
segmented-executable, not incremental. Perhaps there's some differences
between them.

Quote:
> The assembly language program had compiled normally and generated an obj
> file with no error messages.   Does anyone have a clue as to why the
> linker failed?  Also, does anyone have a list of LINK.EXE error codes
> and what they mean?

The masm6 package should come with QuickHelp (qh.exe) and link.hlp. You
should be able to find the error codes there.

        AriL
--
Pain and disappointment are inevitable. Misery is optional.
Homepaged at http://www.angelfire.com/or/lukumies

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Pythonj Fatal error: UNREF invalid object

2. wish fatal error: invalid command "html"

3. Error(36) Invalid Data file / Error: Invalid Record Declaration

4. PROFILE : fatal error PRF1641: user-defined breakpoint found at 0x77FA018C

5. Error 75: Invalid Field Type Descriptor

6. error msg: invalid type cast

7. fatal error: internal error

8. Tkinter error in exiting the app: Fatal Python Error

9. Fixup errors

10. TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors

11. Fixup Overflow Error

12. Help: fixup errors preventing linking assembler object