Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)
Author Message
 Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)

Hi!

I can't seem to find any information on direct IO / memory mapped IO
anywhere. It all deals with using DOS interrupts. Could someone direct me to
some documented code for 80x86 Intel based processors?

-EvErEady

Thu, 12 Jan 2006 02:47:02 GMT
 Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:47:02 +0400, "_.-=<[ { E v E r E a d y }

Quote:

>Hi!

>I can't seem to find any information on direct IO / memory mapped IO
>anywhere. It all deals with using DOS interrupts. Could someone direct me to
>some documented code for 80x86 Intel based processors?

>-EvErEady

www.intel.com

Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:59:15 GMT
 Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)

Quote:
> I can't seem to find any information on direct IO / memory mapped IO
> anywhere. It all deals with using DOS interrupts. Could someone direct me to
> some documented code for 80x86 Intel based processors?

Why don't you simply use the OUT/IN instructions?

Asm
  MOV DX,378h
  MOV AL,xx
  OUT DX,AL
End

for example to output the byte xx at the printer port.

Nils

Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:25:39 GMT
 Not DOS interrupts, I want direct IO (memory mapped IO)
What exactly are you planning to do ?

This site will give you an overview about the I/O addresses of a x86 PC
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/res/ioSummary-c.html

Daniel Raffler

Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:27:11 GMT

1. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO - (nf)

2. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO

3. VAX Ada sequential IO and Direct IO

4. Memory Mapped IO

5. Memory mapped IO ?

6. Memory mapped IO ?

7. mixing IO#read and IO#syswrite

8. Perl IO to Ruby IO help needed

9. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

10. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

11. IMPORT IO, FROM IO IMPORT ?

12. BUG?: HP-UX 10.20 and IO#gets followed by IO#puts