MSVC's ASM is really messed up
Author Message
 MSVC's ASM is really messed up

mov [es:di], al

That command even sends it into a tailspin!
Can't I use the freakin brackets in an assembly function at all?
Man this is frustrating!
Anyone out there use MSVC with assembly?  I'm dying for some answers.

--
Matt McDevitt
MAKTOS (at) ix.netcom.com

Spammers and Commercial e-mailers beware:

"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.
By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited
adverti{*filter*}t to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MSVC's ASM is really messed up

i think it is
mov es:[di],al

Quote:

> mov [es:di], al

> That command even sends it into a tailspin!
> Can't I use the freakin brackets in an assembly function at all?
> Man this is frustrating!
> Anyone out there use MSVC with assembly?  I'm dying for some answers.

> --
> Matt McDevitt
> MAKTOS (at) ix.netcom.com
> Maktos Productions Homepage
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> Spammers and Commercial e-mailers beware:

> "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
> meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.
> By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited
> adverti{*filter*}t to such equipment.
> By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
> punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
> whichever is greater, for each violation."

--
 />---------------------------------------------------------------<\
/|>-------brought 2 u by (not CCSO):-------Chris Koopmans---------<|\

 \>---------------------------------------------------------------</

Mon, 04 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. porting inline Watcom asm to MSVC inline asm

2. Fixed point math in asm -HELP ME I 'am dying here

3. MSVC CHOKES on this ASM putpixel routine!

4. MSVC CHOKES on this ASM putpixel routine!

5. MSVC 4.2 re-arranges inline asm

6. System Bug, Or Am I Really Dense?

7. I am really confused!!!!!

8. I am really sorry

9. Lock ups under '98

10. backdoor.trojan - popups that aren't pop-ups

11. Benefits of PragDave's MSVC install