How to view boot record?
Author Message
 How to view boot record?

DEBUG (!) can do it

type

-L 100 0 0 1

for to read the boot sector of drive A

L [address to load at] [drive 0=A:, 1=B: etc.] [first sector 0=Bootsector]
[number of sectors to load]

and
-D

to Display the data

You can pipe a script into DEBUG too.

Tom.

Quote:
> Is there a way I can view the boot record on the floppies or hard drive
without
> using Norton Utilities?

> Any simple software out there?

> Thanks for helping.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to view boot record?

Quote:

>Is there a way I can view the boot record on the floppies or hard drive without
>using Norton Utilities?
>Any simple software out there?
>Thanks for helping.

Simply read in the boot sector of the partition or floppy hook (at 0,0,1) and
parse it. Ralph Brown's interrupt list should have a layout of the format
somewhere).

--

Bach App Sci, Bach Eng | The opinions expressed are my own, all my own, and
Year 4, RMIT Melbourne | as such will contain no references to small {*filter*}

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to view boot record?

Is there a way I can view the boot record on the floppies or hard drive without
using Norton Utilities?

Any simple software out there?

Thanks for helping.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to view boot record?

2. Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration

3. master boot record

4. Writing to the Boot record.

5. Help Master Boot Record

6. BootUp: Master Boot Record

7. boot record programs?

8. The Master Boot Record

9. pretty technical...Boot Record, FAT, and Root Directory

10. Master boot record

11. Master boot record

12. VIEW a Record with children