Batch File help needed
Author Message
 Batch File help needed

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible inside a msdos batch file to :
- display the nth line of a file
- display the mth character of the nth line of a file

thanks in advance

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:09:05 GMT
 Batch File help needed

Quote:

> I would like to know if it is possible inside a msdos batch file to :
> - display the nth line of a file
> - display the mth character of the nth line of a file

If you look a few postings back, the answer was recently posted. If
you have MS-DOS batch related FAQ questions, please consider first
seeing

 235279 Dec 17 2002 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsbat.zip
 tsbat.zip Useful batch files and tricks, linked from /pc/ts, T.Salmi

 http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/http2.html#batch

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 04:55:05 GMT
 Batch File help needed

Quote:
>Hello,

>I would like to know if it is possible inside a msdos batch file to :
>- display the nth line of a file
>- display the mth character of the nth line of a file

Since you posted to a wide variety of groups having nothing to do with
batch language, I can only assume that external programs and languages
are allowed.  The answer then is yes - batch programs can launch any
kind of program, and writing one to do that is trivial.  The question
becomes so trivial that it appears to be a troll.

 gawk "BEGIN{FS=\"\"}{if(NR==%1)print $%2}" %3

Where the program is invoked with the arguments n, m, and filename.

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:34:43 GMT

1. HELP: Need help with Ms-Dos batch lang..

2. Urgent-Need help with batch update

3. batch help needed

4. Help: Passing Parameters to Batch Files

5. help with my first batch file

6. help with my first batch file

7. Please help new pyhton user kick off a program from a dos-batch file

8. Help : Launching a batch file from tcl under Windows

9. Assembly routine to use a crack on any file, as %1 in a batch file

10. How to pass the argv variables from batch file to .tcl file

11. How to pass the argv variables from batch file to .tcl file

12. Help needed converting 2.1 for DOS files - Clarion Expert needed