ASM Macros ?
Author Message
 ASM Macros ?

How do you call ASM MACRO's in Borland C/C++ in the case of
functions/PROCs you just use extern "C" functiion_name ?

But in C/C++ macros are made using #define function_name etc. I am
trying to implement fast versions of memcpy() etc using 386+
instructions which BASM (Borlands inline ASM 286 only) does not allow
and Borland C++ 4.52 only uses movsw in it's memcpy.

Thanks.

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASM Macros ?
How do you call ASM MACRO's in Borland C/C++ in the case of
functions/PROCs you just use extern "C" functiion_name ?

But in C/C++ macros are made using #define function_name etc. I am
trying to implement fast versions of memcpy() etc using 386+
instructions which BASM (Borlands inline ASM 286 only) does not allow
and Borland C++ 4.52 only uses movsw in it's memcpy.

Thanks.

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASM Macros ?
On 14 Sep 1999 12:19:21 GMT, Arion Blishen

comp.lang.asm.x86:

Quote:
> How do you call ASM MACRO's in Borland C/C++ in the case of
> functions/PROCs you just use extern "C" functiion_name ?

> But in C/C++ macros are made using #define function_name etc. I am
> trying to implement fast versions of memcpy() etc using 386+
> instructions which BASM (Borlands inline ASM 286 only) does not allow
> and Borland C++ 4.52 only uses movsw in it's memcpy.

> Thanks.

As near as I can tell, you can't.  And the compiler does not allow you
to use inline assembly language code in inline C++ functions.  But I'm
pretty sure you could put the size override prefix in BASM with a db
directive in front of the movsw, and it will probably work.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://jackklein.home.att.net

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. C and asm macro

2. asm macro

3. ASM Macro

4. A macro involving two sub-macros - where the 2nd macro needs results from the first

5. FS: IBM Macro ASM V 2.0

6. Square Root in ASM (I'd also like a print literal Macro)

7. asm in c macro. how

8. FS: IBM Macro ASM V 2.0

9. challenge for MACRO experts & ASM gurus

10. Macro Preprocessor (was: C -> ASM compression problem)

11. macro -vs- macro/codeblock

12. Help with macros writing macros in Bigloo