Help! -- Need access to hardware
Author Message
 Help! -- Need access to hardware

Please forgive me if this seems off topic for this newsgroup.  I work for an
oem of industrial computers and we have customers running O/S's like dos,
unix, winnt, qnx, and anything else that might be laying around.

My problem is that I am tasked to solve problems where our SBC does not work
with the customer's environment.  In trying to solve these problems, I often
need to write and read directly to the hardware, whether it be memory or i/o
mapped.

Several o/s's prevent me from doing this.  Are there any utilities available
to help me do this?  Is there something I can write that would allow me the
privilege leve to do this?  I prefer to work from the command line so I
don't need to worry about gui overhead.

Any help or suggestions at all will be deeply appreciated.

Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help accessing hardware

2. Hardware independant hardware access ...

3. Need examples of accessing hardware directly (IRQ, ports, etc)

4. Need example of accessing hardware with no ints available

5. Need help with Hardware setup?

6. hardware/audio eng help needed

7. We need to know if hardware acceleration can help our VRML performance

8. Hardware keyboard handling... help needed

9. Hardware keyboard handling... help needed

10. Hardware access with SmallTalK

11. Help Needed: Interfacing Smalltalk with Access and Excel

12. NEED HELP WITH MS ACCESS DATABASE