REQUEST: Serial port code for processing serial mouse data
Author Message
 REQUEST: Serial port code for processing serial mouse data

REQUEST: Serial port assembler code for processing serial mouse data

I have managed to sort of setup the I/O ports for COM1, have turned off IRQ4,
and am using 1200 baud, 7 bits data, 1 stop, no parity and am receiving
some mouse data bytes in one byte packets only but, ......

I don't seem to be receiving the required 3 bytes for a 2-button mouse.

Has anyone got experience with this since my information sources are not
shedding any light on this problem???

I shall hopefully hear from some kind soul soon! :)

Cheers

Nicole
---
Nicole Kaiyan
Adelaide, AUSTRALIA

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 REQUEST: Serial port code for processing serial mouse data
I thought that you shouldn't turn off IRQ4 because the mouse generates the
events to "re-set/rollover" the data (after 3 bytes have been sent to
port) to the next set of coordinates.  Read the PCGPE for more info on the
serial mouse coding.

Louis
"So what are you gonna put on your resume...DUMB ASS?!?!"
                          - Red Foreman of That '70s Show

Quote:

> REQUEST: Serial port assembler code for processing serial mouse data

> I have managed to sort of setup the I/O ports for COM1, have turned off IRQ4,
> and am using 1200 baud, 7 bits data, 1 stop, no parity and am receiving
> some mouse data bytes in one byte packets only but, ......

> I don't seem to be receiving the required 3 bytes for a 2-button mouse.

> Has anyone got experience with this since my information sources are not
> shedding any light on this problem???

> I shall hopefully hear from some kind soul soon! :)

> Cheers

> Nicole
> ---
> Nicole Kaiyan
> Adelaide, AUSTRALIA

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Serial Port to send mouse actions to remote computers mouse port

2. Serial Error 0x4002 (Error 16386, character was lost by overwrite / serial port overrun error)

3. trouble with serial communication (serial port init.vi)

4. Mouse events and the serial port

5. Reading Serial Port to get mouse status

6. need vhdl code for 16 bit serial-in, serial-out shift register

7. Request for help: Serial port on Win98 Tcl8.4

8. send binary data through serial port

9. Sending data over serial port with USB adapter...

10. Reading data on a serial port

11. Receiving data via serial port

12. Read data from serial port