Auto typing at Dos prompt
Author Message
 Auto typing at Dos prompt

    I wish to make a TSR program which will type in characters at the
dos prompt and inside of programs.  I know about recorder programs
but I want my TSR program to be able to type in unpredicatable rather
then a prearranged format.  Can anyone tell me of a way I can send
characters that the DOS prompt will reconize and execute the
programs?

Fri, 27 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Auto typing at Dos prompt

Quote:

>     I wish to make a TSR program which will type in characters at the
> dos prompt and inside of programs.  I know about recorder programs
> but I want my TSR program to be able to type in unpredicatable rather
> then a prearranged format.  Can anyone tell me of a way I can send
> characters that the DOS prompt will reconize and execute the
> programs?

You can do this by putting keycodes into the keyboard buffer. Use INT
16h with AH=05h and CX=keycode. CF will be set if the buffer is full.

My documentation also says that AL is set to 01h if the buffer is full,
but this is a lie.

Tore
--

Fri, 27 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hiding typed text after prompting for password

2. Minimizing the DOS command prompt wiindow

3. Win 2000 - Is there a DOS prompt?

4. Windows ME and DOS prompt

5. Pgm fails from WIN95 DOS prompt

6. How can I use a DOS command prompt to trigger an event in a running VI

7. Minimise DOS prompts

8. PC DOS 7 Rexx and prompt command

9. dos prompt parameters

10. Problem on the DOS-prompt