books dealing with low level I/Os?
Author Message
 books dealing with low level I/Os?

Hello, everybody. I badly need to know how to instruct
all of the entities other than the processor in the x86,for
example, the hard drive, the floppy, the DMA, timer,
EGA/VGA, keyboard controller, etc. There aren't protected
Bios ISRs available and I do not want to do any Windows
assembly programming, for I think it will be more difficult
to learn the Windows for this purpose than to deal with all
lower level dirty works myself. There are few reasons.
First, remembering those names of the Windows whatsoever
drivers is just frustrating jobs. Second, Windows is more
subject to change than the procotols which govern the hard-
ware. The programs written in the lowerest level can work
on other o/s like Linux with not much alteration. Anyway,
if you know of books talking about dealing with all the
low level I/O or whatever hardwire in the x86, please let
me know. Thanks in advance.
Alan

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 books dealing with low level I/Os?

Take a look at links collected at my site. Ther are a few pretty good sites
that have enough info about PIC, PIT, HDD, FDC, mice, keyboard, VGA,
SoundBlaster, probably printer, etc...

Good Luck
--
Alexei A. Frounze
E-mail:   alexfru [AT] chat [DOT] ru

Quote:

> Hello, everybody. I badly need to know how to instruct
> all of the entities other than the processor in the x86,for
> example, the hard drive, the floppy, the DMA, timer,
> EGA/VGA, keyboard controller, etc. There aren't protected
> Bios ISRs available and I do not want to do any Windows
> assembly programming, for I think it will be more difficult
> to learn the Windows for this purpose than to deal with all
> lower level dirty works myself. There are few reasons.
> First, remembering those names of the Windows whatsoever
> drivers is just frustrating jobs. Second, Windows is more
> subject to change than the procotols which govern the hard-
> ware. The programs written in the lowerest level can work
> on other o/s like Linux with not much alteration. Anyway,
> if you know of books talking about dealing with all the
> low level I/O or whatever hardwire in the x86, please let
> me know. Thanks in advance.
> Alan

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 books dealing with low level I/Os?

Alexei A. Frounze ???g??31 ...

Quote:

>Take a look at links collected at my site. Ther are a few pretty good sites
>that have enough info about PIC, PIT, HDD, FDC, mice, keyboard, VGA,
>SoundBlaster, probably printer, etc...

>Good Luck
>--
>Alexei A. Frounze
>That sounds pretty good. I used to think the Russian are all KGB-like.

  Are you KGB-like? I think so because you look smart. Anyway thanks.
  Good wishes, Alan.

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 books dealing with low level I/Os?

Quote:

> Alexei A. Frounze +T+gL??3  ...

> >Take a look at links collected at my site. Ther are a few pretty good
sites
> >that have enough info about PIC, PIT, HDD, FDC, mice, keyboard, VGA,
> >SoundBlaster, probably printer, etc...

> >Good Luck
> >--
> >Alexei A. Frounze
> >-----------------------------------------
>   That sounds pretty good. I used to think the Russian are all KGB-like.
>   Are you KGB-like? I think so because you look smart. Anyway thanks.
>   Good wishes, Alan.

If you want, you may treat me "KGB-like", although that's incorrect. I
can't forbid you from doing that. :))

Anyway, it's a pretty fun joke. Never heard such ones before. :)

bye.
--
Alexei A. Frounze
E-mail:   alexfru [AT] chat [DOT] ru
Homepage: http://alexfru.chat.ru
Mirror:   http://members.xoom.com/alexfru
PMode...: http://welcome.to/pmode

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 books dealing with low level I/Os?

says...

Quote:

> Alexei A. Frounze ???g??31 ...

> >Take a look at links collected at my site. Ther are a few pretty good sites
> >that have enough info about PIC, PIT, HDD, FDC, mice, keyboard, VGA,
> >SoundBlaster, probably printer, etc...

> >Good Luck
> >--
> >Alexei A. Frounze
> >-----------------------------------------
> >That sounds pretty good. I used to think the Russian are all KGB-like.

Are you nuke-the-children like? I used to think the Yanks are all
nuke-the-children like.

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 books dealing with low level I/Os?

no comments. ;-))

Good Luck
--
Alexei A. Frounze
Homepage: http://alexfru.chat.ru
Mirror:   http://members.xoom.com/alexfru
PMode...: http://welcome.to/pmode

Quote:

> says...

> > Alexei A. Frounze ???g??31 ...

> > >Take a look at links collected at my site. Ther are a few pretty good
sites
> > >that have enough info about PIC, PIT, HDD, FDC, mice, keyboard, VGA,
> > >SoundBlaster, probably printer, etc...

> > >Good Luck
> > >--
> > >Alexei A. Frounze
> > >-----------------------------------------
> > >That sounds pretty good. I used to think the Russian are all KGB-like.

> Are you nuke-the-children like? I used to think the Yanks are all
> nuke-the-children like.

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Really Low Low Low Level Stuff.

2. os low-level question

3. Eiffel Needs Low Level Book

4. Book recommendation (advanced, low-level network programming)

5. LOW-LEVEL PROGRAMMING BOOKS!

6. Book on low level program optimization

7. High Level ASM and Low Level ASM

8. Low-level socket programming

9. Low level programming.

10. low level question