TSR to stop CTRL-C and CTRL-Break
Author Message
 TSR to stop CTRL-C and CTRL-Break

Quote:

> I am in need of a TSR program to stop ctrl-c and ctrl-break from
> interrupting programs that are running.  I also need the ability to make
> do this, or the source code for interpreting keyboard scan codes for the

You don't need interprete scan codes. Instead, you need the following:
- connect to vector 1Bh, and just IRET (invoked on ctrl-break), and
- connect to vector 9, save keyboard buffer IN pointer (40:1C),
  call old handler, then check what was entered into the buffer -

  00,^C), just restore original pointer, otherwise simple IRET.
Note: it will not help in case an application connects to vector 1Bh,
if it does it, yes you must interprete scan codes. Do the following
in the interrupt servicing: wait until bit 1 of port 64h is clear,
write 0adh to port 64h, read port 60h - it is scan code; then check

some sophisticated way to interrupt a program pressing Alt, then 3
on numeric keypad, then releasing the Alt...).

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TSR to stop CTRL-C and CTRL-Break

I am in need of a TSR program to stop ctrl-c and ctrl-break from
interrupting programs that are running.  I also need the ability to make
some other key such as ctrl-backspace (or something of that nature)
function as a ctrl-break to allow the option to stop a program.  I have
written some code that hooks the keyboard interrupt, but I don't know how
to stop the ctrl-break key.  Can anyone give me some example source code to
do this, or the source code for interpreting keyboard scan codes for the
keys I need?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. TSR to stop CTRL-C and CTRL-Break

2. Ctrl-C and Ctrl-break

3. sending ctrl-break signal or ctrl-c

4. Diasable Ctrl-c & Ctrl-Break & Ctrl-Alt-Del(ete)

5. How to disable Ctrl-Break & Ctrl-C & Ctrl-Alt-Del

6. Ctrl-J and Ctrl-M with Microfocus under Unix

7. Ctrl-Shift-C and Ctrl-C in the plugin

8. Ctrl/Y stopped working???

9. Closing files if program stopped via CTRL C

10. Ctrl-C to stop C++ code in python

11. disabling CTRL-BREAK (dos)

12. Breaking the Ctrl+C abort during startup??