MMURTL 32-bit multitasking operating system
Author Message
 MMURTL 32-bit multitasking operating system

I happened across a discussion of a 32-bit realtime multitasking
operating system (MMURTL) in an 1993 or 1994 issue of Dr. Dobbs.  I
also found a book dedicated to MMURTL.

Anyone else know of it?  I would like to know if other versions of the
system exist - or if anyone else has experimented with it.

Brett

Brett Moore
Director of Research
Advanced Warming Systems

Thu, 28 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MMURTL 32-bit multitasking operating system

Quote:

>I happened across a discussion of a 32-bit realtime multitasking
>operating system (MMURTL) in an 1993 or 1994 issue of Dr. Dobbs.  I
>also found a book dedicated to MMURTL.

>Anyone else know of it?  I would like to know if other versions of the
>system exist - or if anyone else has experimented with it.

>Brett

>Brett Moore
>Director of Research
>Advanced Warming Systems

   I bought the bok some time back, and have seen a version prior to the book
on the net. The book is primarily to show how to write a 32-bit OS, using
MMURTL as an example. The book is good for an overview of the processes
involved in an OS, but I have not been able to get MMURTLE to work properly on
either of my computers.

Wed, 03 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question: Protected Mode 32-bit Operating System.

2. Designing your own 32-bit operating system (SAMS Publishing)

3. Division 32-Bit/32-Bit with 16-Bit Register

4. 32 bit segments; multitasking

5. Building 32 bit DLL from 32 bit EXE

6. 32 Bit ASM from 32 Bit Windows COBOL

7. 32 Bit ASM from 32 Bit Windows COBOL

8. Calling 32-bit FORTRAN dlls from 32-bit VB

9. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

10. 32-bit ST/V outruns 32-bit ST80 on Intel

11. 32-bit System Debugger

12. 32 bit bug - Unable to open MDI window (system is MODAL)